Hi
I have a Frontpage 2002 web. I am finding that the program won't generate the HTML code on editing one of my pages and adding to it. In fact (it has happened before on another page) on an edit the previous HTML code is removed leaving a blank page.

In short. edit a Frontpage 2002 page and I am losing my HTML.

I thought this was due to adding a DOCTYPE statement -which apparently 2002 does not need. and also adding a meta statement to get the website to run in IE7 mode. I should have left well alone!

I have Expression Web 2 and I am thinking of using that program to update my website. But, I understand that an ebook has been written to port a Frontpage web to Expression Web 2 (it's not cheap) so is it worth the effort and cost? Anyone any idea as to what is the least time consuming cure?

I have thought of just using a text editor. I use Notepad++ it's not convenient but at least it won't delete my code!

Geoff

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I have Expression Web 2 and I am thinking of using that program to update my website. But, I understand that an ebook has been written to port a Frontpage web to Expression Web 2 (it's not cheap) so is it worth the effort and cost? Anyone any idea as to what is the least time consuming cure?

Read this document:
http://download.microsoft.com/download/f/f/2/ff2d736a-9ec6-4e3b-b094-d782aa7cda72/Microsoft_FrontPage_to_Expression_Web.doc

With Expression Web and FrontPage installed on the same computer, you can continue to manage your FrontPage Web site and use the new tools and features included in Expression Web to take your FrontPage to the next level by transitioning to standards-based practices.

Hi

Thanks, but all that document does is sing the praises of Expression Web. I have not used Frontpage Extensions. What is happening is that Frontpage 2002 is deleting or failing to produce HTMl from the entered content.

I don't want to put a large website through Expression Web and attempt to make it standards compliant. All I did was add an extra column to a table and add text content to one of the cells. Everything looks fine except one when one views the HTML only to find it has been erased!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.