hello all
first of all sorry for asking such a stupid kind of question.
i want to know is there a way i can restrict a html page to open up from the website unless an until it is called from other page from my website.

for example there are 2 pages on my website like html1.html and html2.html
i want html2.html should only open up if its called from html1.html other wise not.

thanks

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

It is very easy, don't hesitate to ask questions

<snipped>

hello all
first of all sorry for asking such a stupid kind of question.
i want to know is there a way i can restrict a html page to open up from the website unless an until it is called from other page from my website.

for example there are 2 pages on my website like html1.html and html2.html
i want html2.html should only open up if its called from html1.html other wise not.

thanks

...basically, you can use a hyperlink to locate the link you want to access. Just use the code <a href="html2.html">/*your text here*/</a>

...basically, you can use a hyperlink to locate the link you want to access. Just use the code <a href="html2.html">/*your text here*/</a>

right now i am doing a hyper link only like
in html1.html
i have added as
<a href="html2.html"><font size=-3 align=center>Click here</font></a>

but i want if some directly open html2.html from web browser it should not open up or should go back to html1.html

I see that no one has responded to this for some time. I know of no simple way to do what you're asking without using Perl or another other language to do a referrer check before rendering the page.

I am not aware of any method of doing this within html alone and doubt it is possible.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.