Using a Flash menu generated by a 3rd party tool (flash menu factory). Need to implement a non-flash navigation for users who don't have/can't use Flash. How to I display an alternative menu for people like iPad/iPhone users?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

You could use jQuery to detect if the person is on an iPad/iPhone and if they are rewrite your nav to not use the flash.

Using a Flash menu generated by a 3rd party tool (flash menu factory). Need to implement a non-flash navigation for users who don't have/can't use Flash. How to I display an alternative menu for people like iPad/iPhone users?

I have used a method that involves using the show/hide functions in Dreamweaver combined with layers. Works really well so have a look at my post on my Web Design France blog for an example and a link to the instructions for doing this.

No flash involved but can get a bit complicated for multiple drop down menus, although as the example demonstrates it is possible with a bit of perseverance.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.