I am having a random problem with my website. I am not sure if its just my internet connection that is causing this or if it is a problem with the website it self.

www.team188.com/web

The prob is that randomly once in like every 5-6 visits, the website will take a long time to load. Normal load time is about 850ms. But when this random bug/glitch/problem/something happens, it will take about 5.5 seconds to load the page.

The site contains javascript, PHP randomizer, uses PHP's date() function and logs the visitors' IP address and time.

One by one I took out all of these and even then the bug occurs.

Try refreshing the page if it loads fine the first time and keep doing so and withing 10 refreshes you'll see what I'm talking about. (that is if the problem is not my internet)

Also, Google's dev tools tells me that everytime that 5.5 sec glitch occurs, my index page:

Send Request: GET
Total Heap Size: 11MB

Any idea what that means?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

On my computer it seems to take longer to load on the page loads where it shows the front view of the Blizzard-XI (the one with it pushing the soccer ball) than when it's showing the side/back perspective.

Hope that helps in some way :)

On my computer it seems to take longer to load on the page loads where it shows the front view of the Blizzard-XI (the one with it pushing the soccer ball) than when it's showing the side/back perspective.

Hope that helps in some way :)

Hmm, I should take out the image randomizer. Its not doing much anyways. Wow, I really don't get this problem! It makes me laugh...

Ok So the problem is in the firing of the onload(). Any ideas why that'd take long to kick start? Thats the reason why it shows my 11KB php file taking 5 seconds to download on DSL connection.

Still no clue on the solution.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.