I have created a Dreamweaver Spry horizontal menu bar with drop-downs up to four levels in an ASP site. When I display a page that is in the root folder the Spry menu renders correctly, but if the page is in a sub-folder the menu renders in outline. The rendering problem occurs in IE and Firefox, so would apprear not to be browser related. To verify this I have created identical pages that differ only in their paths; i.e. domain.com/pagename.asp vs domain.com/level_1/level_2/pagename.asp. Everything except the menus in both pages renders correctly and the menu renders correctly in the first case but not in the second. Has anyone encountered the same problem or any suggestions?

We've solved the problem ourselves. The standard HTML code produced by Spry assumes that the js and css files will be in the same folder as the target web page, so if there's more than one folder level the Spry menus won't render correctly and will render in outline. The fix was to insert a / in front of the Spry file path thus:
<script src="/SpryAssets/SpryMenuBar.js" type="text/javascript"></script> and
<link href="/SpryAssets/SpryMenuBarHorizontal.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" /> which has the effect of referring to the root folder.
My thanks to anyone who has been seeking a solution for us.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.