Hello,
I'm having some issues with IE (suprise suprise).

I added an image, and added a negative top margin to it, for it to be located between two div tags (div it's located in and the div above). It is a transparent .png (AlphaImageLoader used for correct transparency on IE), so I want to mix the background of the two divs its places over.
It all looks fine in all browsers except IE. I've looked for solutions online and played around with it for a while with no luck and was wondering if anyone can help me.
(Hope this made sense, I could get some screenshot pictures online if needed).

here's a simplified version of the code:
main-top div is the one with images being cut off.

HTML

<div id="logonav">
</div>

<div id="main">

<div id="main-top">
</div>

</div>

CSS

body
{
	font-family: "Calibri", Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
	font-size: 12.5px;
	font-weight: normal;
	color:#fff;
	margin: 0px;
	padding: 0px;
	height: 100%;
	background: url(images/bg.jpg);
	background-repeat:repeat-x;
}

#logonav
{
	height: 200px;
	margin: 0 auto 0 auto;
	width: 960px;
	padding-top: 25px;
}

#main
{
	height: 750px;
	background: url(images/bg-bottom.png) #01330c;
	background-repeat:repeat-x;
}

#main-top
{
    width:960px;
    background:url(images/eqn-header.png);
    background-repeat:no-repeat;
    height:120px;
    float:left;
    margin: -60px 0px 0px 0px;
}

Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

sorry, forgot to mention.

The image is just being completely cut off at the part that is located in the div above; and just in IE.

Please let me know if there is a solution for this.
Thanks in advance!

Ok, i've made it to look right now.. by halving the header image in half and adding each side to each div.. but was still wondering there was an actual solution for it to look right on IE

Member Avatar for diafol

Do you think that you may have had more responses if you had included screenshots?

Guys, im sorry this is offtopic but i am not a member. There is an ie but with javascript where when you have the content show the div onMouseOver and then hiding it onMouseOut... it works but then when you come back in onMouseOver, the div doesn't show. The div is located inside an image

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.