<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE></TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<BODY BACKGROUND="picture1.png">
</BODY>
</HTML>

This is the code i am starting my website out with.

http://s962.photobucket.com/albums/ae108/Brideaukyle1/?action=view&current=Untitled.png

this is what it looks like afterwards, i have a pretty big computer screen,
so i dont want it to look like this every time someone with a big computer resolution visited the website, and when someone goes on with a mini laptop it wont fit, how can i fix this problem? so it will fit most computer screens?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Well first off, you would want to put that image as CSS (either internal [in the <head> ] or external [in a .css file, and link it in the head]), there you would have someting like

body{
  background: url('picture1.png') top left no-repeat;
  width: ---px;
}

the width being whatever you want it to be, best practice IMHO is to have your page no wider than 980px...

Hope it works...

Well first off, you would want to put that image as CSS (either internal [in the <head> ] or external [in a .css file, and link it in the head]), there you would have someting like

body{
  background: url('picture1.png') top left no-repeat;
  width: ---px;
}

the width being whatever you want it to be, best practice IMHO is to have your page no wider than 980px...

Hope it works...

alright i never knew about css they never really thought it to us but ill look it up thanks so much :)

CSS stands for Cascading Style Sheet, it's what makes every page in the web look the way it does, anyway enjoy...

Oh, and if your question has been answered, please mark the thread as 'solved'...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.