I'm looking for cool code editors for Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit.

If you have any please tell me!

I am using...

• Adobe Dreamweaver CS5
  • Intype
  • Notepad++
  • ConTEXT
  • Notepad 2

I don't really give a frogs fat aśś when it comes to how heavy the program is. Whether it be heavier than Dreamweaver, or lighter than Intype! Thanks guys!!!

Recommended Answers

All 14 Replies

Hm, don't think so... but what's good too, is jEdit

Will Google for now... Thanks for the suggestion!

I use only notepad ++
and notepad...

Killer combination :)

I use only notepad ++
and notepad...

Killer combination :)

Notepad is the single worst editor out there. I highly recommend you to download something better!

Notepad has some kinda encoding problem and if you were in an interview and you told your supervisor that you Use Notepad, you will definitely not get the job! :-O

the standard TextEditor on Ubuntu is very good with it's code-highlighters for nearly every coding-language.

the standard TextEditor on Ubuntu is very good with it's code-highlighters for nearly every coding-language.

I do like Gedit but I have to fire it up in VirtualBox in order to use ubuntu. I tried searching all over the webs for a windows version with no luck (-_-')

Do you know where I can download a windows version? It seems like I had one on my XP computer from years ago but I can't find it now......

hm, i dont know, i have Windows 7 & Ubuntu & OpenSUSE so i dont have that problem

hm, i dont know, i have Windows 7 & Ubuntu & OpenSUSE so i dont have that problem

On the same machine?

OpenSUSE 11.2 and Windows 7 on my PC and Ubuntu Netbook remix on my Netbook

OpenSUSE 11.2 and Windows 7 on my PC and Ubuntu Netbook remix on my Netbook

So you're dual booting Windows 7 and OpenSUSE?

Grubbootloader, that asks you if you want to boot windows or openSuSE

I use Notepad++, and Trellian Webpage Editor(Gives me some visual to go along with it, Like Dreamweaver but free) :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.