Hello
Why doesnt the following code work on FF while works on IE??

body {
font-family: MFF2011;
margin-top: 14 px;
margin-left: 12 px;
margin-right: 12 px;
margin-bottom: 14 px;
color: #231290;
}

div {
background-color:#f2f2f2;
}

.myInput {
font-family: MFA2011;
color: #191919;
}

td {
padding: 0 px;
background-color: #e9e9e9;
}

#CE {
font-family: MFA2011;
color: #101010;
font-weight: bold;
}

The whole code works fine but the layout of the page isnt pretty good... HELP!

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Your main problem is with stating the units of margin and padding..
Usually Firefox doesn't recognize the units being spearated from the values; you should stick them together so that your code becomes:

body {
font-family:MFF2011;
margin-top:14px 12px 14px 12px; /* <-- This is more concise; (top right bottom left)*/
color:#231290;
}

div {
background-color:#f2f2f2;
}

.myInput {
font-family:MFA2011;
color:#191919;
}

td {
padding:0px;
background-color:#e9e9e9;
}

#CE {
font-family:MFA2011;
color:#101010;
font-weight:bold;
}

Also, you've used non-standard fonts, which can lead to a very bad untidy layout on other computers... You'd better use standard fonts.
Hope it helps.

Thank you so much.. Because answering your question, I had to refer to a book that contains some useful information for me. :)

Thank you so much.. Because answering your question, I had to refer to a book that contains some useful information for me. :)

Thank YOU so very much.. :twisted: I'm useful even with my questions lol

Please keep in mind that Firefox, and any other browser, should be used for testing before IE. Firefox is only displaying what you've told it to. Make sure that you include a doctype, otherwise you're playing around in quirks mode.

Regards
Arkinder

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.