I need some opinions on whether i should choose HTML5 or XHTML 1.0 in designing my website.

I have a school project where we have to make a website for a client with a real-life issue (eg a business, organisation, etc.). And one of the requirements is to use a variety of resources like questionnaires, surveys, telephone interviews, emails, etc. for researching. Right now I'm at the stage where I'm starting to develop my final solution. I need to decide whether to stick with the old, stable XHTML or go with the new, hyped up HTML5 (leaning towards HTML5). I need your help guys. Here is my survey:

SNIP

Please fill in this survey.

Neither. HTML5 is still really new, and you'll never get support from Internet Explorer. If your page isn't parsing XML data then you shouldn't use XHTML. HTML 4.01 is still the latest fully released version of HTML, and is what you should be using. Please keep in mind that XHTML is NOT HTML.

Regards
Arkinder

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.