Website Management System for clients

Member Avatar
ginG3R
Newbie Poster
15 posts since Oct 2011
Reputation Points: 0 [?]
Q&As Helped to Solve: 0 [?]
Skill Endorsements: 0 [?]

Hey guys I have a question...First am amateur on web design and development. Didn't go to school for it so I kinda just learned it on my own. So I've been working with clients and building websites for people but this is my challenge: after I finish a website job, how do I make it easier for my clients to maintain it themselves? Especially if they don't really know how to work it, and also that I didn't use a template. I mean, how do u guys do it? Do you design a site and the client pays you regularly to maintain and make changes all the time? I hope I didn't confuse you guys but I will appreciate any help.

Thanks

P.S: I hope am in the right category for this post :)

Member Avatar
ginG3R
Newbie Poster
15 posts since Oct 2011

I was just wondering if anyone knows how to help me out in any way. It would be much appreciated, thanks

Member Avatar
jason11
Newbie Poster
10 posts since Sep 2011

Hi ginG3R,

You have got two options :

1) Maintain the site of clients by yourself (clients won't have headache for maintenance)
2) Let the clients maintain their sites (probably in a CMS).
For the second case, do a final meeting with the clients to make them understand how the site works. You can take my help also.

Member Avatar
ginG3R
Newbie Poster
15 posts since Oct 2011

Hey Jason11,

Thanks for replying. I was thinking about using the CMS but I actually don't know how it works. Am not sure how to integrate it if my site was made from scratch (not from a template). Do you know of any links where I can find documentation about it?

You
This article has been dead for over three months: Start a new discussion instead
View similar articles that have also been tagged: