Hi,
My name is Carl. Much thanks to anyone who can solve these problems I am having. I need to get raw data from a device that connects to the internet...

I want to use HTML to get this data from this device which is communicating online and has it own URL. I think the function needed is some kind of HTTP GET. Then after I get the data I would like to parse it and use those values.

I am very much interested in this way of attaining data and any other ways that anyone who reads this can provide.

Another thing is that I am not very keen on web-ste design and am doing testing with the HTTP GET functions I researched. However, they do not work and I don't see where the errors are. Where can you find the errors when I am using HTML and would like to remedy my functions?

Carl

I want to use HTML to get this data from this device which is communicating online and has it own URL.

HTML is only markup language. You can use the HTTP protocol with the GET method to retrieve HTML from a target resource. What information and in what format does this target device have?

However, they do not work and I don't see where the errors are. Where can you find the errors when I am using HTML and would like to remedy my functions?

There are many tools you can use to inspect the HTTP traffic.. The developer tools built in to some of the modern browsers provide insight, as well as a free tool onine called Fiddler. You can also get into the weeds and use a protocol analyzer.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.