Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could tell me the best way of hosting large PDF's on my website without incurring too much money in hosting fees. They need to be hi-resolution PDF's with hyperlinks throughout. I would also like for them to be viewable on my ipad, iphone etc

Please help!

Jo

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Is the hosting concern storage costs? If so, consider storing the PDF files with a different provider and link to the PDFs from your site. This way, you dont have to move your entire web site.

Hey Jorge,

Yes it is storage costs which is the concern. If i link to the PDF's they will not appear on my site will they? They will appear where i host them with a link on my site, rather than the PDF itself?

Jo

Ok, so typically when you click on a link that maps to a PDF file, the browser opens the PDF in a window. Whether the PDFs reside on your web server or another server, I cant think of any reason that would alter the user experience.

I do not understand what you mean by:

They will appear where i host them with a link on my site, rather than the PDF itself?

How about using an iframe sourced to where you store your PDF file?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.