Hi,

I want to ask that hw a CSS file can be created for a website?

Thankx

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

thankx for the guidance.

But if I hv designed the home page in adobe,then how I can be able to create CSS for my site.
Kindly reply.

Are you looking for the software to do it for you? Or are you trying to do it yourself? If you want the software to do it, first verify it can do it and then read the help files for instructions on how to do it. If you are trying to make the CSS yourself, that link I provided is where you need to start.

How a software can make a CSS file for the page which I hv designed in Adobe..?

have you even bothered to google it?

all a .css file is a a text file with instructions in it about how the page is rendered. you can use a third party program to do it or you can simply make it in notepad and save it with the extension of .css

e.g

body {
  padding-left: 11em;
  font-family: Georgia, "Times New Roman",
        Times, serif;
  color: purple;
  background-color: #d8da3d }
ul.navbar {
  list-style-type: none;
  padding: 0;
  margin: 0;
  position: absolute;
  top: 2em;
  left: 1em;
  width: 9em }
h1 {
  font-family: Helvetica, Geneva, Arial,
        SunSans-Regular, sans-serif }
ul.navbar li {
  background: white;
  margin: 0.5em 0;
  padding: 0.3em;
  border-right: 1em solid black }
ul.navbar a {
  text-decoration: none }
a:link {
  color: blue }
a:visited {
  color: purple }
address {
  margin-top: 1em;
  padding-top: 1em;
  border-top: thin dotted }

this is the code for a stylesheet. you link it to your page using this code:

<head>
  <title>My first styled page</title>
  [B]<link rel="stylesheet" href="mystyle.css">[/B]
</head>

look here, this is a good howto

http://www.w3.org/Style/Examples/011/firstcss

How a software can make a CSS file for the page which I hv designed in Adobe..?

You will need to read the adobe manual to see how the software you are using can do it. I am assuming it is GoLive?

Hi,

I want to ask that hw a CSS file can be created for a website?

Thankx

Hi, This is simple and also depends on your Editor. This is what you do. In the same way you created your "index.html" file then all you do i make a css file by clicking on "save As" and then in the box that names the file before you finish saving your file you just type this in.

style.css then it saves as a .CSS file ok.

in the same way you created your "index.html" you creat your "style.css" its all down to the last letters after the .DOT ok that makes a file what it is.

Hope this helps!!

commented: Posting it TWO YEARS AGO would have been a better idea - now it's just grave digging -6

In simpler words, you can use Notepad to create the css file, and save it with a .css extension on the filename.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.