I have a problem with Chrome. Although my site works fine 100% on other browsers (safari, explorer, firefox) it wont play on Chrome. I think that the problem is that the paths of the scripts and styles (javascript, css) aren't been implemented on Chrome. Has any other user has same problems?

Recommended Answers

All 14 Replies

What do you mean "won't play"? Is the site appearing without any styling?
I'm pretty sure chrome reads CSS and javascript locations correctly.

Member Avatar for diafol

This would be a new one on me wrt paths. Could it be a caching problem? Clear the cache and try again.

By won't play i mean that some scrips or styles won't appear as they suppose to. As they do on all other browsers. For example the favicon doesn't appear as in any other browser or the jquery tipsy i use wont play in all occasions as it does on other users

Diafol i just installed Chrome because users that are using Chrome are having problem. So i dont think its a cache problem. Anyways i cleared it just to be sure. Here are some of the errors i am getting on the console. On other browsers they wont appear

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://www.rovespier.com/js/jquery.dropdown.js
The "fb-root" div has not been created, auto-creating connect.facebook.net/en_US/sdk.js:58
31Failed to load resource: net::ERR_FAILED chrome-extension://boadgeojelhgndaghljhdicfkmllpafd/cast_sender.js
31Failed to load resource: net::ERR_FAILED chrome-extension://dliochdbjfkdbacpmhlcpmleaejidimm/cast_sender.js
31Failed to load resource: net::ERR_FAILED chrome-extension://hfaagokkkhdbgiakmmlclaapfelnkoah/cast_sender.js
31Failed to load resource: net::ERR_FAILED chrome-extension://fmfcbgogabcbclcofgocippekhfcmgfj/cast_sender.js
31Failed to load resource: net::ERR_FAILED chrome-extension://enhhojjnijigcajfphajepfemndkmdlo/cast_sender.js
'webkitIDBFactory' is deprecated. Please use 'IDBFactory' instead.
'Attr.nodeValue' is deprecated. Please use 'value' instead.
Failed to load resource: net::ERR_CACHE_MISS http://www.rovespier.com/index.php
Failed to load resource: net::ERR_CACHE_MISS 

A 404 is fairly straightforward. I couldn't access that javascript file either but can reach others used by www.rovespier.com located in the same directory. I would conclude that jquery.dropdown.js doesn't exist.

yeah, the 404 error isnt going to work on any browser. Just verify the path or make sure that you actually copied the file to that location if you are developing locally and hosting online.

The browser console is also showing 404 errors for some images that arent at the expected location either.

I undestand and i am certain that is a path problem. But why on every other browsers its ok but not on Chrome, thats the annoying thing

I noticed problems, well at least that's in my case, when I develop in localhost: it had happened to me more than once that chrome was playing up but when I set the site "live" it was fine. Not sure if this can be of any help

Member Avatar for diafol

Do you have a test site that we could visit?

Set the site live? You mean upload the files to the server? I am using Firefox as localhost. Sorry if i am trippin' and my head is figuring solutions that may apply only on a paraller universe. Test site? No i dont think so. My site is www.rovespier.com

Member Avatar for diafol

I have no idea what you're seeing but when I test the live site - I see the same in both FF and Chrome. Chrome tells me about 404 files. When I tried the full path to these in FF, again they don't exist. So I really don't know how you're seeing files that don't exist in FF.

And what does using FF as localhost mean? This makes no sense.

i found the problem. At first i thought it was a Jquery thing. But after a research i did the site was fine on Chrome after i put these lines on comment

//echo '<div align="center">
//<audio controls>
//<source src="'.$audio_file.'" type="audio/mp3" />
//<source src="'.$audio_file.'" type="audio/mp4" />
//<source src="'.$audio_file.'" type="audio/wav" />
//<source src="'.$audio_file.'" type="audio/ogg" />
//</audio>
//</div>

Is it possible that Chrome doent support audio tags?
Am i having troubles on other browsers too?
What should i do now? I want my site to be able to play audio files (mp3, wav, mp4)

Member Avatar for diafol

It doesn't appear that you have a close ' or a ; at the end of the string (line 8). Is this the case?

Yes i just forgot to put them in this example. the code its fine. I used this also but still the same problem

<div align="center">
<audio controls>
<source src="<?php echo $audio_file;?>" type="audio/mp3" />
<source src="<?php echo $audio_file;?>" type="audio/mp4" />
<source src="<?php echo $audio_file;?>" type="audio/wav" />
<source src="<?php echo $audio_file;?>" type="audio/ogg" />
</audio>
</div>

OK i solved it. apparently chrome needs the author to specify the preload

<audio controls preload="none">

For any any users having the same problem just use the preload attribute (none/metadata/auto)

commented: Thanks. WIll help others. +15
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.