This is wierd the notebook will not turn on if you just hit the power button, however if you hold down power and the reset button for about 30 seconds then you let go of both of them then hit the power button immedialey after you let go of both the notebook will turn on, once the notebook is on it works perfectly no problems all prefs work and everything, but once you click on start then shutdown and turn it off, you will no longer be able to get it on. It does this with or without the ac, also i have remove the motherboard and looked it over and there is no burn marks or anything like where a capasiter could have blown, I am a little confuses, (i have also tried upgrading the bios) that did not do anything either, has anyone ever had this happen and be able to fix it themself without just replacing the motherboard, thanks

Steven

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Did you ever figure out what was wrong with your laptop? My sister recently gave me her HP ze4400 with the exact same issues....

Did you ever figure out what was wrong with your laptop? My sister recently gave me her HP ze4400 with the exact same issues....

no i tried playing with a few things took it to one of my good computer friends and finally we just replaced it with a new mb on ebay :)

Steven

i have a hp pavilion ze4400 i have tired to reset it and done all the step i have read on here it still wont run if anyone can tell me how to get it running i really thank you i really need my computer working for work.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.