Hi,
My laptop got infected with some virus, which trying to fetch the saved password from browser and other resources from my laptop. After it got infected, it affected a lot of exe and dll files. So many of the application I can't run now and even I can't connect to the internet now.

When I boot in the normal mode, got many security warnings of this.
But when I boot in safe mode and scan the machine for viruses, it can't find any viruses or spywares. Also I can't connect to Internet in safe mode,too.

But when I tries in normal mode,found a lot of viruses but as my antivirus expires, I can not remove.

I have now downloaded some antivirus and antispyware like AVG, Avast, Spybot, adware to fix the problem.

But I am not sure, whether it will work as when I started my computer, the viruses started to work.

I have some question. Any answer will be appreciated -
1. If I install the antivirus/antispyware in safe mode, can it be able to detect and remove the virus/spywares?
2. If I install them, will they work in normal mode?
3. Will I be able to connect to internet or need to install other driver/utilities?
4. If the antiviruses works and fix the problem, how can I make sure that all are removed?
5. How can I check the registry or clean up them from registry if it is get infected?

Waiting for your reply...

Thanks and regards,

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

1. If I install the antivirus/antispyware in safe mode, can it be able to detect and remove the virus/spywares?
Some yes some no but it is a good place to start. Download MalwareBytes on another system and try installing in Normal mode first then safe if it wont let you.

2. If I install them, will they work in normal mode?
Yes.

3. Will I be able to connect to internet or need to install other driver/utilities?
Depends on the Virus. Try Safe Mode with Networking.

4. If the antiviruses works and fix the problem, how can I make sure that all are removed?
MalwareBytes with all updates. Run until you get two full scans without any infected results in normal mode.

5. How can I check the registry or clean up them from registry if it is get infected?
Hijackthis will show you registry entries.

Hijackthis will show you registry entries.

MBA-M WILL remove infected registry entries.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.