Hello. I'm new to the forums, though I've read some posts here before. Anyway, I'll get straight to the meat. I have in my possession a Gateway laptop running Windows 7 Home Premium. The person who owns this laptop ran TDSSKILLER, and deleted the TDL file system it detected (DR0). Now, naturally, it will not boot into Windows. To be more specific about the OS, it is Windows 7 Home Premium OA Acer Group. I do not have the original OS media. What can I do to get the system back up and running? Thanks in advance.

Ps- I cannot get to Gateway Recovery using Alt+F10 (or any other combination of keys/function keys).

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

You need to run a Win 7 disc on the Laptop and install a fresh copy of the OS. To avoid such problems in future, do not install any software you do not know about.

Thanks for the replies. I fixed my issue by using Hiren's Boot CD to boot to the Windows partition, which gave me a stop error. This allowed me to reboot with the Startup Repair option (rather than just a blinking cursor and black screen). Startup Repair failed, but I was able to get to the command prompt and dump the boot record and rebuild it.

• bcdedit /export C:\BCD_Backup
  • c:
  • cd boot
  • attrib bcd -s -h -r
  • ren c:\boot\bcd bcd.old
  • bootrec /RebuildBcd

I can now boot into Windows.
Thanks.

yeah,just read that on bleepingcomputer ,great job

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.