hello all...

i have a problem with connecting VB 6 enterprise edition & crystal report 11... now, i have added "crystal report control" component, and i try to load report.rpt (crystal report) from VB6... but error occurs : UNABLE TO LOAD REPORT in script below :
>>crystalreport1.action = 1

i have read many threads in many forum about this problem, and some of them suggest to do these steps :

1. Add Component Crystal ActiveX Report Viewer Library 11.0
2. Add reference Crystal Reports ActiveX Designer Run Time Library 11.0

unfortunately, :sad: after crystal report 11 is installed in my computer, i can't find those 2 items in Project > components and Project > reference...

so what can I do now? anybody can help me?

-aldosan-

Recommended Answers

All 14 Replies

Hello,

I am facing the same problem.....were u able to sort out the isssue..? any advise for me ?:rolleyes:

thanks

hello all...

i have a problem with connecting VB 6 enterprise edition & crystal report 11... now, i have added "crystal report control" component, and i try to load report.rpt (crystal report) from VB6... but error occurs : UNABLE TO LOAD REPORT in script below :
>>crystalreport1.action = 1

i have read many threads in many forum about this problem, and some of them suggest to do these steps :

1. Add Component Crystal ActiveX Report Viewer Library 11.0
2. Add reference Crystal Reports ActiveX Designer Run Time Library 11.0

unfortunately, :sad: after crystal report 11 is installed in my computer, i can't find those 2 items in Project > components and Project > reference...

so what can I do now? anybody can help me?

-aldosan-

Then something went wrong with the install. You have the correct components identified, but you have to have them references in your VB project for Crystal to work.

i'm facing the same problem but can you send us these dll if you have it sir or tell us where exactly we should find them

thanks

Find the thread "How to add Crystal Report 11 in VB6" and read it. There is a topic in the Biz Objects that is a cook book for getting you through the connection problem. I can't remember what the topic is, and it's a bit obscure, but everything you need is in the article. If you still have trouble AFTER reading the article, post again.

unfortunately, after crystal report 11 is installed in my computer, i can't find those 2 items in Project > components and Project > reference...

If you know the names of them, you can do a search for them using the standard search for file names that comes with Windows. Then just use the "Browse" button when adding your references to locate the file name you found.

If Crystal removed the older controls when it was updated, then you'll have to use the newer crystal ActiveX controls and rewrite your code--if Crystal does not allow two versions of the same control to co-exist.

You'll just have a more up to date report. Otherwise, you'll have to uninstall the newer crystal components and reinstall the original Crystal Controls that came with your original install of VB6.

Hope this helps!

Merry Christmas,

Hank

Give me a few minutes and look for for a new post. I'll start a thread called "How to launch a Crystal 11 report from VB6". This is a nuisance to too many people. Stand by.

I am running two versions of Crystal Reports on the same machine with VB6. Versions 7/8/9 all use similar DLL's. V10 and V11 are major upgrades. Given your problems, I'm beginning to wonder if you have a legal copy of Crystal V11.

Go find the thread I started "How to launch a Crystal 11 report from VB6"
I posted all the code, references, etc.

actully thanks for your help but i think i knew why i'm not finding the activex dll .

i have a legal copy of the crystal xi profissional edition while i should have the developer edition

thanks for the effort

I think I hear the cash registers at Business Object cha-chinging !

I am running two versions of Crystal Reports on the same machine with VB6. Versions 7/8/9 all use similar DLL's. V10 and V11 are major upgrades. Given your problems, I'm beginning to wonder if you have a legal copy of Crystal V11.

Go find the thread I started "How to launch a Crystal 11 report from VB6"
I posted all the code, references, etc.

you have make a code for VB6 what about VBA

and i want to pass a range parameter and i don't know how , so if you can help

thanks

I don't use VBA much, sorry.
For a range, like a date range, I make two parameter variables FromDate and ToDate, then just use them in the record select formulae.

i had made the code but it's giving me this error message ehen it open

First window caption(crystal reports activex designer):

Prompting failed with the following error message: ".

Error Source: Error Code: 0x80004005

second window caption(crystal report viewer):

login failed

details [DataBase vendor code:18456]

so please if any one have any idea about this error tell me

thanks

You're not going to get anywhere until you successfully access the database. Isolate the code and single step execution to find out where the logon is failing. What type of DB are you accessing anyway? MS Access or SQL Server ?

SQL Server

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.