My name is Tom I just found your Forum via Google, read several posts and forgot what I was looking for. I really like the friendly and professional style.

A little bit about myself:
I'm 40, my first contact with computers must have been around '84. I did a CS course at highschool back then. I quit it after three weeks because it was bloody boring. Sold my C64 to my little brother and bought a drumset instead. Rock and Roll!!:twisted:
In 2001 my interest in computers returned; I got my first iMac. Photoshopped around a bit. 2002 saw me back in school again. Multimedia Producer Diploma at SAE College, Berlin. In 2003 I founded a little webdesign and development company together with two friends. I worked there as a PHP and Actionscript Developer and did some freelance jobs for other companies as well. In 2006 I started to study International Media and Computer Science at FHTW Berlin.
Berlin, Germany that is.
Accompanying my studies I'm working part-time as Java/Python/PHP Developer at TFH (that's a University as well) Berlin's Lab Online Learning. I'm also teaching OOP and E-Commerce at SAE Berlin. This summer I'll be doing an internship in Palo Alto, Ca.
Apart from hanging around with computers I hang around with musicians. I still play the drums in various Rock'n'Roll / LoFi Bands.

My favorite music is

Rock'n'Roll
- the original 50s stuff + The Cramps

Blues
- T-Bone Walker, R.L. Burnside, Sonny Terry, 60s Buddy Guy and of course Gun Club, Cpt. Beefheart

Country
- Lucinda Williams, Gillian Welch, Terry Allen, Butch Hancock, Gram Parsons, Townes van Zandt, Ben Weaver, Hank Williams...

Bluegrass, Cajun, Zydeco
- all of it

Jazz
- Benny Goodman, Lionel Hampton, Thelonious Monk, John Coltrane, Ben Webster, Jimmy Smith, Herbie Hancock, Art Blakey, Django Reinhardt...

Not to forget The Stranglers, The Kills, The White Stripes, Radio Birdman, Seksu Roba, The Sonics, Lee "Scratch" Perry, Bob Dylan, Tony Joe White, Billy Childish...

Some favorite movies:
Cisco Pike, Lone Star, (pre-Lord-of-the-Rings) Peter Jackson, Night of the Hunter...

Well, I guess that should be enough for now.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Glad to have you with us! I'm a Lee Perry fan too, I have several LP's (45's)...scratching away!

Welcome! Nice introduction.

Welcome to Daniweb! :)

Welcome to Daniweb Tom... :)

Hello there! Welcome to Daniweb! :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.