Name: Jared
Nickname: Big J
Height: 6'9"
Weight: 250
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Hazel

Hobbies: Computer, Hockey (CHL & NHL), Music Theater (live), Basketball (College), My Collectibles – Hockey Pucks and Shot Glasses, and learning French.

Relationship Status: SINGLE

Fav Music: Anything goes just not rap.

Education: I have a Degree in Police Science – Now pursuing an MIS degree!!!

Work: Police Officer (injured) - 911 Communications Center until I finish my degree.

Favorite Movies: I don’t have any favorite movie. 

Favorite TV Shows: JAG, Shark, All CSI, NCIS, Boston Legal, and may more…

Favorite Video Games: Any sport or action fighting games!!!

Stuff you Dislike: Things and People that smell bad!

I am a new member so I will start out with... I am 24 years old and have all ways been interested in computer. I was a police officer up in till about 4 months ago when I injured my back and have to find new career. Now I am working in a 911 center till I get my schooling completed. I was looking over the degree plans and I was told that the MIS degree was the way to go. Is that true? I guess I don’t understand the difference between the Business MIS degree VS the Computer Science degree. Could anyone explain what types of employment would you get with a Business MIS degree? Thanks for anyone what can help ANY and ALL information wanted. I want to meet new people from all kinds of backgrounds I hope that will guide me into a direction that will interest me. So please send me private messages and let’s chat!!!

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Welcome to DaniWeb. Hope you enjoy your stay here.
As for your question, please post for discussion in the Software Developers Lounge.

Hope you'll enjoy it here!

Hi Jared:
Thanks for the detailed intro.
Welcome, by the way.

Hi there;
Welcome!
Good luck with your endeavors.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.