#include <iostream>

int main() {

std::cout << "Hello, DaniWeb!\n"
    << "I'm learning C++ from a book. When I finish this book I'm sure I'll have tonnes of questions for you. Thanks in advance.\n";

std::cin.get();
return 0;

}

If I screwed that up, I'm embarrassed. Possibly that isn't as clean or as effective as it could be, but so far in the book I'm reading it's completely fine. (In the book there would actually be more gaps in there lol)

Anyways, my name is Jeff, I'm 19 years old, I live in British Columbia in Canada, and have just recently taken my general interest of computers (ie. graphics, games, programming, IT etc. I don't have much knowledge under my belt yet at all) to the next stage and chose Programming as a starter hobby. Some may say it's a bad move but it's the first thing that caught my eye so I decided to try it.

What I'm trying to say is that I'm basically a complete newb so don't talk to me and assume I know anything about computers lol, because I probably won't know what you're saying. However, if you do say something I don't know you can count on a message coming back your way asking the definition if I can't find it on Google.

I hope to meet loads of people and make friends and discoveries about the computer world here at DaniWeb. Hopefully, someday I could make a career out of this.

Thanks again,
mcnally

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Welcome.

nice intro

I normally use "using namespace std;" after the includes

then you can just type cout not std::cout

Ya I've only read 7 Chapters in the book so far (reading more everyday though). I have noticed people using the "using namespace std;" thing but it hasn't come up in the book yet so I haven't been using it. I think it's covered in Chapter 12 so my code will be cleaner near the end of the book.

Thanks for the welcome!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.