My name is Mike and I really enjoy the working online. Im 31 years old.

I bought a laptop 5 months ago and I spend about 5-6 hours a day on the internet

I think I have read more in these past 5 months then I had all my life.

I used to drink a lot but now I spend all my time iming. So now I want to make sure that my laptop is safe. I want to learn as much as I can about the internet and computing.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Welcome Mike. I'm embarrassed for Dani Web that it took three days for someone to respond to your introduction.
It sounds to me as if you replaced one kind of "addiction" for another. So long as you use your computer in a positive way, it can be called a good addiction. It all depends on you.
I like to think of my connection to the internet as giving me entrance to the biggest library in the world---thre's a lot to learn out there, so take good advantage of it.
When you need "geek" help, I'm sure you'll find it here. There are a lot of very helpful people with a lot of good knowledge here, and they are willing to share it with those who are honestly interested in getting answers.
Good Luck

Welcome Mike. I'm embarrassed for Dani Web that it took three days for someone to respond to your introduction.
It sounds to me as if you replaced one kind of "addiction" for another. So long as you use your computer in a positive way, it can be called a good addiction. It all depends on you.
I like to think of my connection to the internet as giving me entrance to the biggest library in the world---thre's a lot to learn out there, so take good advantage of it.
When you need "geek" help, I'm sure you'll find it here. There are a lot of very helpful people with a lot of good knowledge here, and they are willing to share it with those who are honestly interested in getting answers.
Good Luck

Thanks a lot I see you guys have a lot more then just help on viruses and stuff.

A lot of cool stuff to learn

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.