Why am I here? I was looking for an answer to a question about the INPUT tag. I went to google, typed in something about web forms or html forums or something like that, and I picked what I thought was the best result. Guess where it brought me? I looked around and liked what I saw.

I don't blog! - I'm a 41 year old father of five (18, 16, 13, 5, 2) and I don't have time to blog. I barely have time to write this bio, but since Dani is so nice and she has such a cool forum, I will oblige. (hey Dani, if I ever found the time to, and wanted to blog, where would I find out how to set that up here?)

So here I am, like me or not.

Height/Weight, etc... Who cares? Do you care? I'm breathing and I'm happy, that's good enough for me.

However, since I am now a member of a community (and for those who must know... ) here goes…

Name: David
Nickname: Lovie (wife), Wallet (kids), Screw (best friend), Hoser (brother)
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 198 lbs.
Hair: Yes, some missing on top (strawb/blonde)
Eyes: Blue
Hobbies: Motorcycling, building stuff (light construction)/working in my shop, Amateur web design (see my profile)

Relationship Status: Married and loving it.

Favorite Music: Varied. Current; DMB, U2, Ben Folds - Most classic rock; Led Zeppelin, Credence Clearwater Revival, Boston (1st album), Dire Straits The Cars, Queen - Others; James Taylor, No Doubt – many more

Education: After high school... Hmm, school of hard knocks, MCP Cert.

Work: Full time “stay-at-home dad with five kids. Prior to that (2 yrs ago), IT supervisor for an Engineering/Construction company that *was* owned by Enron (oops!). You know the rest of the story.

Favorite Food: Steak and Potatoes baby! Then… Italian, Japanese, Mexican, etc…

Favorite Movies: I love movies, I could list them all, but I won’t. I’ll list three. My Cousin Vinny, Lord of The Rings (all 3 – really one movie), Life as a house

Favorite TV Shows: 24, there’s nothing else I *have to* watch.

Favorite Video Games: Battlefield 1942/Desert Combat, there’s nothing else I *have to* play.

Stuff I dislike: Too much tolerance, not enough tolerance… get it? If you don't, and you're curious, ask me.

More? Ok, you asked for it…

First and foremost I am a husband and a father. But that only begins to define me (as if defining myself was something I could possibly do). I dabble in a lot of different things, most of which I won't bore you with, and they tend to keep me plenty busy on top of my already frenzied life as a stay-at-home father of five.

I own a motorcycle (see my avatar). It is the most beautiful "material possession" I own. She brings me both great joy and great frustration. Joy, in that when I ride her, I am free and nothing else in the world is on my mind. This is not because I want to forget about the rest of my life, it because it is a prerequisite of riding a motorcycle and staying ALIVE! Focusing on every aspect of "the ride" is an amazingly freeing experience. It affords the rider the ability to literally leave all his cares behind. The frustration comes from trying to arrange time to ride. Factoring in the responsibilities of family life, and waiting for the weather here in the Great Northwest (Seattle area), opportunities to just take off and ride can be few and far between. Somehow I deal with it. One good ride ALMOST makes up for weeks of frustration.

When I’m not obsessing over my family and motorcycle, I like to work around the house, building things (current project: shop/garage for my MC), and goofin’ around on my PC. Latest guilty pleasure… Daniweb!

David

Recommended Answers

All 22 Replies

Hello and welcome to Daniweb David at the top of the screen there is a link that says tech blogs click that I think its easy from there. I think you might need 10 posts to have a blog but im not sure.

hi sir David

I hope you enjoy your time in DANIWEB

Quick comments:

Hair: Yes, some missing on top (strawb/blonde)

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

good one

but seriously
it seems that you wrote too much details that I am gonna need your help to write my CV this year.

Favorite TV Shows: 24, there’s nothing else I *have to* watch.

ammmmm

I like JOEY show my self. it is pretty funny . and I suggest you do too It is on NBC every Thursday Night.

and by the way you are not OLD you are still NEW man
Again I hope you enjoy being with us

and it is my pleasure to be the 1st one who reply

the_shark

well now I am the second

:evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:

Huh? your CV?

"...I am gonna need your help to write my CV this year.

the_shark

and 3rd ;)

well now I am the second

:evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:

Welcome to Daniweb David :)

Got it, thanks OurNation, and thanks for the welcome, I like it here. It didn't take long to get 10 posts, then like magic the blog feature was available. Not that I blog, but still, it's nice.

RS

Thank you very kindly :D

Hey there redsabre. Welcome to DaniWeb :)

Hi Dani,

'Hey' back at ya... what took you so long?! It's not like you're busy or anything...

Nice place you have here...I like what you've done with it!

Cheers,
rs

hello from a newbie

Hello to you... and welcome. Look at me, I'm already acting like the welcome wagon here.

here´s another one.

Hello and welcome...

And welcome to you as well! He-he this is fun :lol:

thanks Zeroth, nice to be here.

Hello to you... and welcome. Look at me, I'm already acting like the welcome wagon here.

Welcome aboard redsabre, and thanks go to you for showing us so very clearly how well this 'Introductions' section is working! We want people to think of Daniweb as a community in itself, not simply as a Tech help or resource site, and the rapid way that you've settled in is clear evidence that our efforts, and those of the membership here, are working!

By the way. No need to assume that you're an 'oldie' mate. We've members here of all ages, and dammit I wish I could have my early 40s over again. I'd be back out playing football and dishing out a few bruises! :D

Ditto, catweazle, there are a lot of us old guys around that don't feel so old, don't ya know. I see you have 5 kids, redsabre, I'm in my 50s and have 2 and one is 5 years...

Thanks Catweazle,

Wow, where did I go for almost two weeks... oh yeah, I was ice fishing for wooly mammoths in the arctic circle. Didn't catch any.

Naw, I don't really feel that old. But thanks for letting me know I'm not alone here :)

I'm in my 50s and have 2 and one is 5 years...

Way to go zeroth... now, have you figured out, like I did, what causes that? After five I finally figured it out and made myself an appt.

Well, 'they' say we are only as old as we feel, and I have to say most days I still feel like a man half my age (after 10 or 11 am and a couple cups of jo). I think keeping up with my 5 and 2 year olds has something to do with that. See, I get to play with them quite a bit as I am a stay-at-home dad right now, and I am soaking up every minute of it. Someday daddy is gonna get another j-o-b and all the fun will be over! :cry: Naw, it'll be ok, just not the daily romper room we have going now.

Can't say I get that pleasure. My kids all have homes and families of their own. But being a bloke who works from home, I fortunately get to see quite a bit of the grandkids.

I'm glad of that. I figure my role is to corrupt them. Their parents are far too straight! :D

Interesting, Catweazle, I would be in the same situation if I had kids when I was younger and you´ve got me wondering if they would be ¨straight¨...

As for you, redsabre, I guess I´m not as ¨energetic¨ as you are :lol: , seriously, we can´t have any more but I´m not sure I could handle more anyway.

Since I, too, work at home, I get to play with mine (5 and 11) when they get home from school. I know I had them very late but while they´re growing up I can tell them stories from my middle years about climbing, travelling and, oh no, working, in the computer business.

It´s nice to know there are a couple of members in here that are approaching middle age like me...middle between zero and a hundred, that is :mrgreen:

Of course, I never intend to grow up...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.