hi to al...

i am b tech student and right now, for my final year project working on Linksys-Cisco wireless routers.

Feel free to ask about router issues....

Thanx

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

i have a cisco wifi/ethernet bridge. when i setup an enfrastructure network and give it a name and all i cannot pick it up from my laptop, but if i setup an ad-hoc network, i can pick it up. unfortunately an ad-hoc doesn't allow communication between wired and wireless devices on my network. what can i do please help.

i have a cisco wifi/ethernet bridge. when i setup an enfrastructure network and give it a name and all i cannot pick it up from my laptop, but if i setup an ad-hoc network, i can pick it up. unfortunately an ad-hoc doesn't allow communication between wired and wireless devices on my network. what can i do please help.

hi,
do you have any wireless router?
Ethernet bridge wont be able give you wireless network alone. You can connect a cisco bridge to a wireless router.

Routers are more like access points(bridge)with infrastructure mode.
So its better to use wireless router to install your wireless network. you can add ethernet bridge to expand wireless range of your wireless network.

hope this informative ...

You can post the question on the right sub-forum

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.