Hi. I'm Mike, a developer in Los Angeles, working for a small company.

Quick question: I want to write something that's potentially a contract job posting (at the company I work for), but really the project isn't defined well enough yet for me to be comfortable handing it off, saying "build this." What I'd like to do is establish a working relationship with some developers, get their feedback on the overall direction of the project (e.g. what technology is suited to the goals in mind, whether they are major things I've overlooked), and then, finally hire them to build it, assuming it's in their means.

I began to write the post for the jobs board, but I don't want to give the impression this is an official gig quite yet, and don't want to waste anyone's time. How should I go about this, with respect to the developer community?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Create a Job listing saying just that ... This is a bid to establish a working relationship.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.