Not sure if this is the right place for this, but I just ran into a frustrating situation. I was responding to a post, and it was a lengthy response, so by the time I hit 'Preview' my session had timed out, and I had to log back in. Luckily I had the foresight to copy my response to the clipboard before doing so.

But my question then is: what is the session time limit? Can it be increased?

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

What you need to do is when you first log in, tick the checkbox "Remember Me". Also make sure that you have cookies enabled by your web browser. This should prevent this situation from happening again.

If you don't tick "Remember Me" then you will automatically be logged out after 20 minutes of inactivity.

Ah. Thank you. I never click those boxes anywhere - who said paranoia? After posting that, I found a few others relating to the same issue. Now I have 2 ways around it, just like Perl :)

May I ask what the other way you found is? Thanks!

Well, as one poster suggested, create the post in your favourite text editor then paste it into the response box.

Ah, okay :) Well, just so you should know, if you do click the Remember Me checkbox, all that happens is a couple of cookies get stored by your browser which retain your username, an encrypted version of your password, and the time of your last visit, just so that it won't auto-log you out. There is no sensitive data involved :)

Click here for more information: http://www.daniweb.com/forums/faq.php?faq=privacy_policy#faq_browser_cookies

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.