Hey Dani ! I was looking at the members list ... n I saw so many members throwing one post in the forum and then disappearing for life. I was thinking if they could be mailed reminding that they were missing a lot of updated stuff or so ... That could boost the number of regular posters I think.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Thanks for your suggestion :) By default, members are automatically subscribed to threads they post in. Not only that, but they receive e-mail notifications weekly. Most other forums send out daily notifications by default. However, I didn't want to do that because I think it would completely scare off a newcomer that they joined a forum on Monday, and on Tuesday suddenly received allllll of this e-mail from the site. Subscribtion notification can be changed in your profile anyways :)

No I just wanted to say that when a member doesnot logon to the site for more than one or two months ... you can send the user a reminder or something like that ... this will help the traffic somewhat I think.

I think I will use this idea also.. what a great way to make people feel welcome...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.