I discovered this just a few minutes ago that if a very long text with no spaces is gets cut
off. Does this in all tags, code, quote, and untagged. The only way to make it work right
is to manually put a C/R at some place. I would have expected it to be auto word wrapped
or auto wrapped when the width of the display area is reached.

no tags:
c:\documents and settings\jayson\my documents\visual studio 2008\projects\solution 3\assignment 3\hardware.cpp(113) : error C2228: left of '.seekg' must have class/struct/union type is ''unknown-type''

code tags:

c:\documents and settings\jayson\my documents\visual studio 2008\projects\solution 3\assignment 3\hardware.cpp(113) : error C2228: left of '.seekg' must have class/struct/union type is ''unknown-type''

quote tags:

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Well, when I Preview the above it doesn't work, but I see that it worked in the above post. It also didn't work in the original post on the c++ board because that's where I first saw it.

I'm incredibly confused?

Edit my original post then when in edit mode press the Preview button and you will see what I mean. You can also see the problem when you press Replay w/Quote then Preview

Also the title of this thread is inaccurate -- the presence or abselce of spaces has nothing to do with it.

I think I see what you're saying.

When viewing a thread, the page automatically wraps very long code lines that don't have any hard returns. On the new thread preview page, very long code tag lines stretch out the page.

I think I see what you're saying.

When viewing a thread, the page automatically wraps very long code lines that don't have any hard returns. On the new thread preview page, very long code tag lines stretch out the page.

Yes, that it :) But since you are working with new vBulletin it probably isn't worth the effort to fix just now.

I have seen several times where the long text is cut off at the edge of the box around the post. Occasionally, I see it go under the ad on the right and reappear on the other side of it (with parts hidden by the ad).

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.