Hello,

I wonder why am I getting negative reputation for starting threads in the geek's lounge.

Take a look over here.
http://www.daniweb.com/forums/member115698.html

When I put the cursor on the link to geek's lounge, the screen tip says, "A random forum for chat about anything... ". I did not say that Murphy's Laws explain everything. It is just a thread dedicated to Murphy's Laws, nothing else. I don't think there was any valid reason for iamthwee to do this.

Regards,
-Jishnu.

Note: iamthwee is refering to something in this http://www.daniweb.com/forums/thread102006.html thread and the negative reputation is given for some other post.

jbennet commented: if you care that much then heres a green square +22
jasimp commented: Just becasue you care so much about it -1
Rashakil Fol commented: Your avatar is adorable. +6
~s.o.s~ commented: You have to learn to ignore suckers. +20

Recommended Answers

All 16 Replies

I wonder why am I getting negative reputation for starting threads in the geek's lounge.

It doesnt matter anyway. Rep from the geeks lounge, coffee house and resrtricted forums does NOT count toward your total rep but it is listed in your profile.

but it is listed in your profile.

But, why should I bear even that just for nothing?

dont know. Iamthewee is a bit wierd sometimes, just ignore it

The point is, I don't like red spots on my profile just due to the wierd nature of someone else. I would not have started this thread if there was a valid reason for the neg rep..

commented: You are obviously taking reputation far too seriously. Anyone who judges you by the number of green or red spots on your profile is an idiot. -2

live with it.

commented: touche! +13

ditto.

As has been said, you just have to live with it. Reputation, both good and bad, is given at the whim of the person giving it, it is their opinion, and as such we cannot say they are right or wrong.

However, they can only give you the one bit of rep a day, and rep given in the lounge does not impact upon your displayed score.

Just ignore it...

commented: well said +22
commented: well said +13
Member Avatar for iamthwee

>The point is, I don't like red spots on my profile
Sorrie jishnu, I can't give you any more neg reputation today, but I'll be sure to remember to give you some tomorrow. That way you'll have two red spots together so it will look less random and more uniform.

[aside] I'm mighty popular all of a sudden, that's really flattering[/aside]

commented: dont be a dick -4
commented: I owe you atleast one ;) +0

Maybe his user name explains that. :icon_cheesygrin:

lol i remember this rep he gave Enu Uran (http://www.daniweb.com/forums/member48000.html) . It said

I am no Nazi chump. In fact I find that comment quite upsetting as my great-grandpa died in a death camp... He slipped and fell off the watch tower.

Was he a JW? :)

Welcome to the Internet(TM) where Trolls(TM) run rampant on open-topic forums.

commented: *nods* +13
Member Avatar for iamthwee

lol i remember this rep he gave Enu Uran (http://www.daniweb.com/forums/member48000.html) . It said

Those type of comments are written in such poor taste. Something should really be done about that, as I'm sure if that were an actual post, a warning would be issued from Admin at the very least. It makes me quite sad :(

commented: wtf is up with you lately -4
commented: *hugs* don't be!! hahahahaha you always make me laugh!! +3

>Something should really be done about that, as I'm sure if that were
>an actual post, a warning would be issued from Admin at the very least.
Good idea. Reputation comments do fall under Daniweb's policies, so anyone who feels a comment was out of line can report it, and anyone who makes such a comment is eligible for warnings and infractions. Keep that in mind iamthwee.

commented: sowwwy :) +13

[aside] I'm mighty popular all of a sudden, that's really flattering[/aside]

Yeah, but it's generally not the type of popularity that's healthy...

Those type of comments are written in such poor taste. Something should really be done about that, as I'm sure if that were an actual post, a warning would be issued from Admin at the very least. It makes me quite sad :(

You complain about taste? The mind boggles? What's this world coming to?

What's this world coming to?

Coming to an end.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.