Hi,

When we get email notification of a post to a topic to which one has contributed we currently the name of the person who has contibuted to the topic. Can we also have the name of the original author of the topic please ? That way we know whether the original author is replying or someone else.

Thanks for reading thsi

Denis

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

it annoys me as im subscrive to over 100 pages worth of threads so i cant unsubscribe by ticking each page - unsubscribe all would be nice

sorry for the hijack ;)

it annoys me as im subscrive to over 100 pages worth of threads so i cant unsubscribe by ticking each page - unsubscribe all would be nice

sorry for the hijack ;)

Yes I agree -- I experience the same problem a couple years ago when I was subscribed to over 300 threads. The only way to unsubscribe was to do it one page at a time -- what a pain in the ass that was! I have since turned off subscribing to threads.

yeah same

sorry for the hijack ;)

but you can unsubscribe to all from the email notification, can't you ?

Denis

no thats just for new threads, you stay subscribed to old ones

Member Avatar for thunderstorm98

Yes I agree -- I experience the same problem a couple years ago when I was subscribed to over 300 threads. The only way to unsubscribe was to do it one page at a time -- what a pain in the ass that was! I have since turned off subscribing to threads.

Same here !

no thats just for new threads, you stay subscribed to old ones

The email gives you the option to unsubscribe from 'all threads'. So when does a new thread become an old thread and not be deleted ?

Thread: Email Notification
Forum: DaniWeb Community Feedback

Click here to unsubscribe from this thread
Click here to unsubscribe from ALL threads

oh i see

That link just brings you to the thread management page in your control panel. It doesn't solve the problem.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.