I'm having problems viewing all of my infractions. Apparently my old ones have scrolled off like what happens to reputation comments. Perhaps the infractions should be enlarged to encompass all of the infractions a member receives. :)

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

You only have a total of 5 active points. Anything older than that carries zero weight and always will.

That being said, there is a little page navigation link in your member profile to view your older infractions.

Ahh I see. What about when it comes to reputation comments? Are all of those viewable somewhere too?

No, not currently, although you can see more in your member control panel than is public in your profile.

>No, not currently, although you can see more in your
>member control panel than is public in your profile.
Is there any reason for that? I see rep as completely pointless except for the comments, which I enjoy reading. It would be nice if there could be a link to a page that shows all of them (seeing as how they remain visible in the forums).

Is there any reason for that? I see rep as completely pointless except for the comments, which I enjoy reading. It would be nice if there could be a link to a page that shows all of them (seeing as how they remain visible in the forums).

I concur, I would much like to view all my reputation comments.

I second that..

> Is there any reason for that?
That's how vBulletin works and I simply haven't bothered to code the ability to view all reputation comments. Truth be told, one of the reasons doing so is low on my list of priorities is because with all of the huff that's gone on with regards to the reputation system, I'm not so sure that suddenly showing people what people said about them one, two, three years ago (back when comments were anonymous) is going to have anything positive come from it.

> Is there any reason for that?
That's how vBulletin works and I simply haven't bothered to code the ability to view all reputation comments. Truth be told, one of the reasons doing so is low on my list of priorities is because with all of the huff that's gone on with regards to the reputation system, I'm not so sure that suddenly showing people what people said about them one, two, three years ago (back when comments were anonymous) is going to have anything positive come from it.

Hmm I think people would just laugh :D

I remember when the rep system went public, and all the previously anonymous people who commented were revealed. It wasn't a big deal. Besides, people are more mature than getting angry about something that happened that far in the past. :) And anyway... we can already see who made those comments.. compiling the entire list of comments is just more convenient for us.

I feel that this is something I want to discuss privately with the rest of the mod team before making the decision to set aside time to code this ability.

Member Avatar for iamthwee

> Truth be told, one of the reasons doing so is low on my list of priorities is because with all of the huff that's gone on with regards to the reputation system, I'm not so sure that suddenly showing people what people said about them one, two, three years ago (back when comments were anonymous) is going to have anything positive come from it.

I agree.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.