Hi,

Dani! Are you changing the layout again ? In this particular thread, the border is acting weirdly and the menu on the right isn't visible(in IE) ! Here are the screenshots of IE and FF.

Cheers,
Naveen

Recommended Answers

All 16 Replies

It's an overflow bug in older versions of IE. Upgrade to IE7.

hmm.. But its hiding the actual query in FF. If you see the screenshot of FF, you will find some part of the query missing !

kings should have used code tags, which would also solve the problem.

kings should have used code tags, which would also solve the problem.

:) I know. But some people don't use the tags. But that aint a reason not to fix (?) this problem. Right ?

chuckle,

People don't use code tags. Browsers miss-implement standards and have bugs.

Can you get all the people involved together to fix this problem? How much of your precious life do you want to waste on it?

:)

umm.. Consider that query as a collection of characters. Obviously, the browser wouldn't know if its a query or just a normal string. My question is, why did firefox act strangely ?

browsers,wont,usually,break,a,string,unless,it,has,some,breaking,characters,in,it,such,as,spaces,so,either,this,text,will,extend,forever,or,it,will,get,cut,off,depending,on,the,browser,mostly.

this isnt a daniweb issue,it's more of an issue with a convention in the way text is processed/rendered at the client.

that said, it is relatively easy to fix, just run through the uploaded post data and insert extra breaking chracters as required.

commented: Clever! +20

browsers,wont,usually,break,a,string,unless,it,has,some,breaking,characters,in,it,such,as,spaces,so,either,this,text,will,extend,forever,or,it,will,get,cut,off,depending,on,the,browser,mostly.

this isnt a daniweb issue,it's more of an issue with a convention in the way text is processed/rendered at the client.

that said, it is relatively easy to fix, just run through the uploaded post data and insert extra breaking chracters as required.

:) Thanks!

I am experiencing the same kind of problem except in my control panel. The advertisements appear to be to far to the left. I am using Firefox and WinXp. Problem does not occur in IE7. This has been a problem for about three days now.

hmm.. this looks totally messed up !

Are you subscribed to any threads with very long thred titles? Or is anything else on that page pushing the middle content area out too far?

They are the same threads I have been subscribed to for awhile now. The problem does not occur on any of my other control panel pages. It also happens without any threads showing, my reputation comments are slightly blocked.

I can't look into it more without seeing the rest of the page. Could you take a screenshot of the reputation, etc area?

Here are three images that go in order from top to bottom.

The problem is the rep comment by zandiago ... it goes muhmuh...more_stuff_here all as one word, stretching out the page.

Thanks.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.