I get the DaniWeb newsletter each month, along with an interview of the latest Member of the Month. The interviews all refer to this member being the latest member of the DaniWeb "Hall of Fame," but I cannot find any such "Hall of Fame" post or page here on the site?

Searching comes up empty. Is there such a thing? How is the MotM selected?

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

The hall of fame is purely a figure of speech, referring to all those people who have collectively been featured as a member of the month.

This is not to say that at some point in the future a hall of fame area will not be created, but currently there are no such plans. Apart from the kudos of being chosen, all the members get to show is the award of a 'featured posters' badge or similar :)

As for how the members are selected, that's down to me. I keep my eyes open for members of the community who consistently help others, who make their mark here, who stand out from the crowd (and with fast approaching 300,000 members that is no mean feat!)

Thanks for the quick reply! Now I know who I need to impress. ;)

"serunson" wants to get featured poster, he is always bugging me about it but IMHO he doesnt post enough

> This is not to say that at some point in the future a hall of fame area will not be created, but currently there are no such plans

There were plans for when we upgraded to the new version of vBulletin, but it's been in beta for months and months now, and so actually doing anything is being pushed back.

cool

what post count title is next?

Hmmm.. interesting. Is there something in the new version of vBulletin that would make this easier or ??

> Is there something in the new version of vBulletin that would make this easier
Yes, the new version puts a lot more emphasis on usergroups, which is what we use behind the scenes to feature members.

Ah, are you thinking of using the new "social groups" functionality?

cool

Ah, are you thinking of using the new "social groups" functionality?

Yes, but from what I understand, its features cross over into traditional usergroups.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.