not so long ago, i changed my desktop from Windows to Ubuntu... this is actually the first time i log in to DaniWeb since then, and then... it happened... i'm running mozilla, and it's rendering the gray boxes around some items in a very odd way... take a look at the screenshot.

Also, the LOGOUT button from the user's navigation menu, in the upper side of the page is in a new line, not with the rest of the buttons... probably these two rendering errors are caused by my desktop's resolution, but, either way, it shouldn't do that, right?

Recommended Answers

All 23 Replies

here's a better look at the thingies...

You have your browser set zoomed in.

i get that on ie6 sometimes

You have your browser set zoomed in.

I just tried that on IE6 dani,i zoomed in to 220% and didnt see what he is seeing....

Hmmm

yeah... that's not the problem... i tried Ctrl + 0 and no change... i even zoomed in and out, and same response...

Is the screen set to a low resolution? Some video games do that.

That might do it im not sure......

Can someone set thier quality really LOW and see what happens?

yeah... that's not the problem... i tried Ctrl + 0 and no change... i even zoomed in and out, and same response...

I still think this is the problem, although not in the form of a browser setting. I believe that some window managers can zoom the font in larger than 100%.

well, i'll try changing my browser's settings to other apart from the default ones, but i don't think it'll change anything. What about the gray boxes' rounded corners? They shouldn't be affected by the font's size...

@ Midimagic I haven't changed anything in my computer from its default settings... nor played any fullscreen games (actually i've played only the ones packed with ubuntu) so... i don't know...

I think you're misunderstanding me. Check your window manager's font size settings. Not your browser's.

do you have the restricted MS truetype fonts installed?

dani, what font do you use?

Seeing as the title of this thread is weird behavior I think it would not be totally off topic to mention that jbennet still has 10 stars but should have 11.

i know, my title hasnt changed either!

do you have the restricted MS truetype fonts installed?

dani, what font do you use?

Arial and Verdana.

I've seen this behavior when I use Firefox on the Ubuntu LiveCD. You need to install the Microsoft truetype fonts:

sudo apt-get install msttcorefonts

While you're at it, you might also want to install some other fonts (artwiz, bitstream-vera, etc).

k... i'm on it

You need to install the Microsoft truetype fonts:

i said that earlier. I have encountered the same thing, but it wasnt when surfing, it was when emulating MS office, all the toolbars etc... looked wrong (like in nichtos pic)

well, installing truetype fonts didn't fix the issue...

wierd

dunno what happened, but it's fixed now... :D

Considering you just said on the IRCs five minutes ago that it was still broken, you have to know what you did to fix it? :) C'mon, do tell!

actually i don't know what happened... honest... the only thing i changed before reloading was changing the defaul font to arial... but, after noticing it was fixed, i changed it back again, and, voila!

That's the Microsoft fonts kicking in. :cool:

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.