I prefer just plain "woot!", without the zeros.

actually, woot is proper english, it means to know someone

i was reading a Chaucer text in egnlish and it was like "I woot thee"

not the same meaning as the leet version though.

"I woot thee"

Sounds obscene :)

Sounds obscene :)

Yeah, it does read pretty odd. I prefer the "woohoo!" meaning myself. Old English and Chaucer can go woot themselves :P

Edit: This is getting pretty far off-topic though, I'll leave it be :)

I should give you negative-rep just for saying that ;)

Chaucer was a cool guy. Back to topic

Though pisses would be a pretty strong word, here are the things that bug me

1. Small quick reply box
2. leet speak
3. People dumping thousand lines of code

>Small quick reply box
That's why it's quick.

>leet speak
101 \/\/|_|7 15 \/\/R0/\/G \/\/17|-| 7|-|15???11/!?!/1/!?!?

> People dumping thousand lines of code
seconded.

Some from my side:

• People who think that the only purpose moderators exist for is to clean their crap and help them out with each and every problem they post since it's *urgent*.

• The pointless topics in the Geek's Lounge which keep on screwing with *Gawd* over and over again.

• Thread hijacking.

• Using threads as chat rooms and posting the most trivial or off-topic things one can come up with.

• The fact that Dani has yet to update her avatar with her latest photo. ;-)

People who think that the only purpose moderators exist for is to clean their crap and help them out with each and every problem they post since it's *urgent*.

same. I dont mind when i get PMs or emails when they are relevent but when they are like "i will pay you to do my final project" i get rather pissed off

Using threads as chat rooms and posting the most trivial or off-topic things one can come up with.

i must admit im guilty of that :(

The fact that Dani has yet to update her avatar with her latest photo. ;-)

yeah that one is very old. (to be fair though, my profile one is ancient too)

>I dont mind when i get PMs or emails when they are relevent but
>when they are like "i will pay you to do my final project" i get
>rather pissed off
That's not nearly as bad as the "You can't do that, you're a moderator!" people. You know, the ones who don't seem to understand what it is we do, and try to force some weird idealistic code of conduct on us that no normal person can adhere to.

yeah. Narue, how come your avatar is a lot bigger than everyone eleses? and how come it moves?

>Narue, how come your avatar is a lot bigger than everyone eleses? and how come it moves?
Because I'm kewler[1] than most everyone else. :)

[1] If you donate or otherwise contribute to Daniweb in some special capacity, you get the extra kewlness features. Among them are animated avatars and a 20 pixel increase in allowable avatar size.

i see. I cant donate though until danio starts accepting credit cards :(

in the UK you can only pay direct through paypal (without having an account) a limited number of times with each card, to limit money laundering etc.... I have reached this limit and cant/wont get a paypal account.

Um, you're a moderator. If I recall correctly I've benefited from the PM limit increase far longer than I've been super mod, so I'd wager that you've got access to the extra features too.

yeah i do have the PM thing etc... i just want to donate because i want to give something back

Dani - that's what pisses me off about Daniweb. Herself, herself. How dare someone be so successful by being so wrong about so many things? How can you successfully argue with anyone who can make you forget everything you were about to say just by smiling at you?

Plus she cheats at bowling.

Dani - that's what pisses me off about Daniweb. Herself, herself. How dare someone be so successful by being so wrong about so many things? How can you successfully argue with anyone who can make you forget everything you were about to say just by smiling at you?

I personally think Dani has done a lot of right. yes, she has had disagreements e.g intellitxt but she has a great site, and a good community, and (i think) a profitable business as well as a lot of respect.

How can you successfully argue with anyone who can make you forget everything you were about to say just by smiling at you

Cant see her picture very well. Needs updating too.

I guess you are her friend then. Probably a good thing or otherwise you might get killed ;)

I guess you are her friend then. Probably a good thing or otherwise you might get killed ;)

Yeah, yeah, she's every geek-boy's wet dream and hordes of daniweb fanboys are no doubt already launching DOS attacks against my ISP - but I happen to know she can't even pump her own gas.

Daniweb has fanboys? Interesting concept.

>You know, the ones who don't seem to understand what it is we do, and try to force
>some weird idealistic code of conduct on us that no normal person can adhere to.

Wait, we're normal people? News to me. :-)

>Because I'm kewler[1] than most everyone else.

A lot kewler. Regular members have an 80x80 limit on their avatars, moderators and donors get 100x100 (plus animation), whereas yours is 125x125. But then again, we always knew you weren't quite like the rest of us.

The thing is that super mods and admins are also limited to 100x100. I'm not quite sure why the system allowed Narue to upload something larger!

Heh, well that's news to me considering that even the site admin is as stumped as we are. ;-)

PS: Which anime is that Narue chan?

How dare someone be so successful by being so wrong about so many things?

Two words: Bill Gates :(

After messing around with my avatar for a little bit, my theory is that the avatar was uploaded a while ago, when DaniWeb had a larger avatar limit, and now Narue simply uploaded the URL for her old avatar. Either that or she just found a bug in vBulletin. Come to think of it, both of those are highly probable. :-)

Yeah, yeah, she's every geek-boy's wet dream and hordes of daniweb fanboys are no doubt already launching DOS attacks against my ISP - but I happen to know she can't even pump her own gas.

Wait, you Yanks have people to pump your petrol FOR YOU???? WTF.

commented: HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA! +1

In New Jersey it's actually illegal to pump your own gas.

>whereas yours is 125x125
I could have sworn it was 100x100 when I uploaded it. Come to think of it, it was probably shrunk down which is why the animation didn't work originally. Heheh. :$

>I'm not quite sure why the system allowed Narue to upload something larger!
A change from the mod panel sidesteps the size restriction, but I honestly thought it was 100x100, so I really wasn't trying to abuse my power. gomen.

>PS: Which anime is that Narue chan?
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu.

Pumping Gas: the laws vary state to state. Where I live, there are no full service stations at all.

Back on topic, one thing that irritates me about Daniweb that I haven't seen mentioned already, is that user options from time to time are removed.

Also, the impossible to navigate upside-down and backwards reverse-navigation blog comment sequence.

commented: why the neg rep. It wasnt offtopic. majestic braught up the whole topic of repping power in #60 -6

I find that reputation given by new members (which doesn't count for anything) is a little annoying as a lot of the people who hand out reputation are new members - so it counts for nothing. Now I am not saying that reputation is the be all and end all of this forum, but I believe it is designed to be an incentive to help others, so maybe it should be worth something. I realise that the cause of newbie rep not counting for anything is to prevent members from upping their own reps from additional accounts of course.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.