How is the rep power decided? Both my rep points and posts are very less, however I have a rep power is 2.

rep power is based on how long you have been a member, post count, your own reputation.

mine nearly 30

commented: Moderators should move off-topic posts, not contribute them. -1
commented: Nice rep power, not off topic post! +2

>
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu.

Yeah, why do you have a Kyon avatar? Nice quality though.

Also I hate the noobs that label everything as urgent.

>Yeah, why do you have a Kyon avatar?
I like Kyon. I can relate to him dealing with all the crazies around here. ;)

Another than that really irritates me -- I'm always having to reset the zoom factor -- I like 100% but somehow it gets changed to something else, so I have to hit the Page --> Zoom --> 100%. I don't know if it's Daniweb doing it or Vista, or maybe even my careless typing and using the mouse. But it is really irretating.

I'd like to know what pisses you off about DaniWeb?

Lefties.

Lefties.

My son is left-handed so I guess that makes him a lefty. Everyone else in my family are righties.

Lefties.

I don't get it?

commented: Think Dave. Then think politics. ;-) +15

I love the site Dani!!!

Nothing angers me about it :)

I don't have that much time, so I didn't read all of the 7 pages, but:

When you view all the threads in a forum, and then go back to the main forum (ie: read all the subforum posts in the *NIX board), then press back in your browser, it still says they're unread until you refresh the page. I dunno, just kind of an annoyance more than anything.

I find that reputation given by new members (which doesn't count for anything) is a little annoying as a lot of the people who hand out reputation are new members - so it counts for nothing

yeah i know. Like 90% of my reps come from people who post about once

Are you having difficulty with the definition of 'reputation'?

commented: Hating on jbennet is always a plus. =] +3
commented: At least there are some people who understand +7
commented: The anime avatar seems to be having some good effect. ;-) +21

And 90% of your posts should be by someone who posts once..

commented: Brilliant. +7

Well that is perhaps uncalled for. On the contrary, I find JBennet a great asset to DaniWeb - he is always eager to help others and he is very knowledgeable. He has corrected me on a few occasions and I respect him for that. I think these slanderous remarks are unfair and that DaniWeb is not the place for such comments/personal attacks. Or am I missing the point here and you are kidding?

Well, I find that he posts the same thing as other users (John A, myself) just rewording the answer. It thought it simply amazing that he has 11,000+ posts, but if you look at all of his posts, they're all either "yeah" or "yep" or "i agree" style posts.

Hey, this is a thread about what pisses you off about Daniweb. There's another thing.

So what is it that you are saying pisses you off?

So what is it that you are saying pisses you off?

This is what he is saying pisses him off.

Well, I find that he posts the same thing as other users (John A, myself) just rewording the answer. It thought it simply amazing that he has 11,000+ posts, but if you look at all of his posts, they're all either "yeah" or "yep" or "i agree" style posts.

I understand that, but how is that problem linked to daniweb - are you saying people should be penalised for posts that others disapprove of (even if they are perfectly harmless). had thought there was a Neg rep facility for that, although I see that facility can be abused.

I understand that, but how is that problem linked to daniweb - are you saying people should be penalised for posts that others disapprove of (even if they are perfectly harmless). had thought there was a Neg rep facility for that, although I see that facility can be abused.

One of the biggest grievances appears to be people not using code tags, which is about individual posts, and then linux said what pisses him off about jbennet, which is about individual posts. Both are about posts so there is not that big of a difference. I think it is linked to Daniweb because what we post gives potential members an image and we want to give them the right image. No one said we were going to penalize him, that is what reputation is for, as you stated. I personally believe jbennet is quite helpful but every now and then he does reword what someone else said or posts an "I agree".

yeah sometimes i do say things like "i agree" but hey, thats how a conversation works

> yeah sometimes i do say things like "i agree" but hey, thats how a conversation works

Maybe in the Geek's Lounge, yes, but definitely not for Tech related threads. IMO such monosyllables when used in excess tend to dilute the usefulness of the thread in consideration. If you wholeheartedly agree with someone, there is always the "Add to XXX's reputation" link...

commented: I wholeheartedly agree +4
commented: And so do I :) +28

In the *NIX / any other tech help forum, it isn't supposed to be a conversation. It's IT help, and you don't want to clutter the forum with "yeah" and "i agree" with one word added on the end with information that the op didn't even want.

I disagree. I think that all threads, in all forums, are conversations. However, if the only thing you have to say is "yeah" or "I agree" then you should use the reputation system.

I disagree. I think that all threads, in all forums, are conversations. However, if the only thing you have to say is "yeah" or "I agree" then you should use the reputation system.

Yeah, I agree.

commented: Haha! good humour! :) +2
commented: :p +14

I've wondered for awhile now if it would be possible to display the Reputation comments in a mouseover tooltip on the little dot? Currently you have to leave the thread and go view that person's profile to see what the reason for the rep was.

I've wondered for awhile now if it would be possible to display the Reputation comments in a mouseover tooltip on the little dot? Currently you have to leave the thread and go view that person's profile to see what the reason for the rep was.

You can click on the add to reputation button and it displays all the comments.

Is that new, I had only just noticed that a few days ago myself?

Its been that way for awhile.

You can click on the add to reputation button and it displays all the comments.

Yeah, but I don't really want to add rep - just see it - and then you have to click somewhere else to make the rep box go away without adding to rep. A hover tooltip just seemed like it would be a convenience. Certainly not something that I would put into a "pisses me off" category though.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.