Hey all. Logged in earlier and got sent of to some stoogy 'hacker' site. I saw on another forum that it was patched up, but my question is, I didn't get sent to that site until I had logged in with my id/pw.

I've already changed my PW, but I'd just like to know if the old passwords were compromised by this attack, and if any other data was stolen, such as account info. An email addy and PW is a common combo for people.

Recommended Answers

All 22 Replies

Wow, I noticed it got hacked too. And yet the admins don't post any threads.... shame shame shame...

I think your passwords are safe.

yeah, this problem happened to me too in this morning.
when i tried to opened forum, it directed me to other site with crossbones pic then for few second other forum appeared and want me to Sign UP as their member...
i just can opened my profile with cookies address in my mozilla address bar.

We are investigating exactly what happened, and how it happened - it would be foolish to make any formal statement until we have the answers to those two questions...

actually its happened in this morning, but now all things in daniweb was fine. I don't know why this happened.

How odd, how many hours ago did this happen - I didnt notice anything odd earlier

It started between 9-11 PM last night where I live, I don't know when it ended but it probably lasted about 4-7 hours.

That is odd, I had no experience of this and have been on and off most of the day lol

That is odd, I had no experience of this and have been on and off most of the day lol

That's because you live in the wrong time zone. The term "this morning" doesn't really mean much because for you in UK "this morning" is "last night" where I live. What I saw was a big skull and crossbones then redirected to some other hack site.

Glad the admins got this fixed because I was starting to get DaniWeb withdrawls :)

I realise the difference in time zone, what I am baffled about is the fact that I was on and off late last night too and did not notice anything odd! I know what you mean about withdrawals!

I havent seen anything strange......

Does anyone know what site they got directed to?

I guess I should have put a smily face on my statement :) I first noticed it about 0500 GMT but could have happened a little earlier.

I havent seen anything strange......

Does anyone know what site they got directed to?

Here

Wat site did you goto Dragon??

I didnt notice anything here and i was here yesterday and just now and all is well :)

EDIT:

Checking that now.....

EDIT2:

Unreal,totally disgusting........... Im glad Dani got it fixed as fast as she did :)

Crikey, I cannot imagine daniweb is an easy site to crack into!

Funny, I logged in at about 0600GMT and noticed nothing.

Wow, they got root? How?

I noticed this around 21:00 (Monday) (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada). The second time I noticed was 18:00 (Tuesday)...I couldn't beleive that this would happen.

Im just glad it was cleared up as quickly as it was :)

Member Avatar for thunderstorm98

Hope Database is ok....Admins can tell what was happened ?

they got root, but the database is fine. They didnt get anything, all they did was replace the site with a skull and crossbones. They did the same to cprogramming.com i think. Just because they could.

the database is fine.

Good to hear.

Member Avatar for thunderstorm98

they got root, but the database is fine. They didnt get anything, all they did was replace the site with a skull and crossbones. They did the same to cprogramming.com i think. Just because they could.

Thanks...happy to hear that everything is fine. Are you fine Dani ?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.