Slightly annoying bug:

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

Could you describe the bug? I think I know what you're talking about, but simply giving an image with no explanation isn't terribly helpful.

Could you describe the bug?

Multiple notifications of one and the same event in the subscription spy. First noticed the bug today, but I haven't used the spy since Thursday .
Happens on IE7 and FF3.

Offtopic: could you change your avatar back the way it was? It's hypnotizing effect causes painfull eyes and a significant decrease in concentration :|

>It's hypnotizing effect causes painfull eyes and a significant decrease in concentration
If you find that hypnotic, don't watch the version with music. :D

commented: hahahahaha +15
commented: I like the avatar. Don't care about what Joe says. +8

>Could you describe the bug?
What niek_e said. Whenever someone views a thread, the notification keeps appearing over and over again until they leave the thread.

Oh, and by the way, nice avatar :P

Basically what is happening is this particular thread is multiple pages, and each time the person clicks to go to to a different page, or reload the current page, it appears again. This isn't a bug.

Basically what is happening is this particular thread is multiple pages, and each time the person clicks to go to to a different page, or reload the current page, it appears again. This isn't a bug.

No, I don't believe that's the reason. Sometimes this happens with myself too. I open a thread in another tab, then switch back to Subscription Spy and I see repeated notifications of me viewing the thread even though I haven't clicked on anything since.

And I've seen this occurring on threads that have less than 10 posts, which I believe is the forum default cutoff for a page.

I would need you to provide me with step-by-step instructions on how to reproduce this, as I haven't witnessed it myself.

I would need you to provide me with step-by-step instructions on how to reproduce this..

Ok:

1. Click subscription-spy
2. Wait a minute
3. Take screenshot
:)

I tried on 2 different machines, both running WinXP-sp2. One has IE7 and FF3 the other FF2. Bug happens on all of them, with or without ad-block

using vista home and ie7: I see the same behavior. Sometimes its two or three threads repeated over and over.

niek_e: There is no proof that the user didn't refresh the page.

AD: It just so happens that the particular post that was repeated was edited by the user right after it was posted, which would explain the behaviour.

I kept it up for awhile, and I am seeing some repetitive behaviour after all. I'll keep an eye on it and see if I can find a pattern.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.