I was on a site recently in which blog comments did not have an immediate 'post' -- there was only a 'preview'. Then after the preview you could post. Would such a thing be a useful item?

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

I like that option. The VEdit forum does the same thing.

Yes, the concept seems to be useful, at least for those who are new to forum based systems though the downside here is that regular posters will have to go through an extra click to post their replies.

Yes, the concept seems to be useful, at least for those who are new to forum based systems though the downside here is that regular posters will have to go through an extra click to post their replies.

My thoughts exactly. But you could keep the current system for people with more then 10 (or something) posts, but implement Dave's idea for the newbies.

Or offer the option to turn that feature off in one's control panel. I personally would use it because I always preview before posting anyway.

Or offer the option to turn that feature off in one's control panel. I personally would use it because I always preview before posting anyway.

As do I. Except when you see I edited a post... :icon_rolleyes:

Do you have to read all the posts you already read on a 5 page topic?

Do you have to read all the posts you already read on a 5 page topic?

Why would you?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.