It happened again and I followed midimagics instructions by deleting my private data and refreshing and that fixed it. I took a screeny so Dani and everyone can see what Firefox does sometimes to DaniWeb.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

I have seen the same happen to many sites including Yahoo and GMail, and it happened on both browsers IE6 and Firefox,
The situation in which this happened was the page was taking too long to load (mostly due to a slow net connection) and suddenly in between the connection drops or we manually stop the page from loading.
I am guessing the browser managed to download all the text / html components and was downloading the images,css etc when the connection was interrupted, so it ended up displaying the text/html components alone, I arrived at this conclusion cause in "lynx" which is a text based browser, daniweb looks pretty similar to what is shown in the screenshot.

One or more of the stylesheets failed to load. Check your network connection.

I though that all what need to be said was said in this thread. Is there any specific reason to get over it again?

Yes, I wanted to show people what it looks like and see if anyone else experiences it. I looked at my error console and it says that there was parsing problems in the daniweb css so the value was dropped.

I looked at my error console and it says that there was parsing problems in the daniweb css so the value was dropped.

That's because the CSS failed to load (or only loaded partially). Again, it's a network problem at your end.

hmmm... I am hard wired into the network. The internet is suppose to go at 15/2 but I have verizon which has been nothing but a nightmare!

It can also be caused by running out of hard drive space and/or corrupt cache. Check to see if clearing the cache works.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.