Hello,
I assume that only the original poster (or moderator and administrator of course) of a thread can mark the thread as solved.
I know this doesn't get done all the time and wondered what the protocol for such might be?

This thread was solved a bit back, yet it's still on the front page of the OS X forum.

http://www.daniweb.com/forums/thread44111.html

Just being inquisitive.

Thanks,
Dan

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

IMO, the thread being on the first page has got nothing to do with its solved status; it depends on time the threads were `touched'. And BTW, the thread still isn't marked as solved by any moderator because there were no follow ups from the Original Poster[OP].

Members can contribute to the forum when solved threads are concerned. If you feel that a thread has been solved, you can report the same by using the `Flag Bad Post' link so it can be marked as solved by the moderator in case the OP is unaware of the `Mark As Solved' feature or forgets about it.

commented: Gave me some new knowledge and pointed out my error. +5

My mistake.
My apologies.

I neglected to see that I wasn't replying to the original poster, but some one that had a similar problem within the same thread.
Since I've changed my thread view, it threw me off.
Thanks for the info too.
Dan

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.