I think it would be a handy feature to show the user the offending post he is about to report under the 'Report a bad post' text area. The purpose here would be to let the user know which post exactly he is trying to report [for posts close to each other, many make a mistake of reporting something which they don't want to] and also provide easy means to quote a piece of text in the post as the 'Flag bad post' reason.

What do the other members think about this?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

>many make a mistake of reporting something which they don't want to
I haven't seen a statistically significant number of reports like this. The correct reports are the majority, followed by a small number of reports where the reporter confused the "Report Bad Post" link with the "Reply" button.

>also provide easy means to quote a piece of text in the post
That's a good idea, though it's generally easy to take the report comment and find what the reporter is talking about.

>What do the other members think about this?
I'm not sure the benefit outweighs the implementation effort. Dani would be doing the coding for it though.

> I'm not sure the benefit outweighs the implementation effort. Dani would be doing the
> coding for it though.

Of course, this is all subject to the implementation effort, the other priorities Dani has at present etc. :-)

I just thought I would mention this since the Daniweb we see now is a result of many such continuous improvements over a period of time and if many people see this as a required improvement, it might just get implemented.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.