Great site you have here cscgal, well done.

I have a question about your VB mods :)

1. How do you make the different username in different colours? For example in the "Who's online" thing at the bottom of the main page the username cscgal is in italics and purple. Another user is in green, while the rest are standard black. How did you do that?

2. How did you get the ads to run down the right hand side of the forum like that?

Are these standard VB option or are they things you have done yourself?

Thank you :)

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

All of the hacks / customizations on the site are things that I have coded by myself. However, for the custom username colors, you're in luck - it's a standard vBulletin feature. In the Usergroup settings in the Admin Panel, you can choose to encase members of a particular usergroup in custom HTML coding.

Standard HTML works? So all members of the "Blah" group can be :

<strong></strong>
<font color=pink></font>

etc? Hmm on second thoughts, I don't want to use the font tag, so maybe I'll give that one a miss.

Thanks for the info though :)
Smart, talented and cute :cheesy:

Hehe, thanks. You don't have to use the font tag. You can use a CSS tag, etc... any HTML you want. :)

Without looking too dumb. What's the CSS tage that can be included in that way?

I know with the old font tages it was pretty easy:

<font color=> type thing but whats the CSS alternative? I know how to do it in a CSS sheet that is up the top of the page or in an external style sheet. Just not clear on the code to use in the "Username HTML markup"

<span class="admin">	 </span>
<span class="moderator">	 </span>

Then, you could have

.admin
{
	 color: green;
	 font-weight: bold;
}

.moderator
{
	 color: purple;
	 font-weight: bold;
}

So much for me not looking too dumb then :P
I didn't realise we could play with the CSS file of the forum

Thank you again

No problem. Have it all figured out?

2. How did you get the ads to run down the right hand side of the forum like that?

You can simply insert your content area inside a table with two cells. One holding the content and one on the right with the ads or whatever it is you want to appear on the right side. Put the start in the header and the closing part in the footer.

If you want to be more specific and just add it to certain areas you will need to edit this table into certain templates relevent to the area you want it to appear.

If you need a walkthrough I can throw up a quick tutorial for you.

No problem. Have it all figured out?

I do, thank you kindly.

You can simply insert your content area inside a table with two cells. One holding the content and one on the right with the ads or whatever it is you want to appear on the right side. Put the start in the header and the closing part in the footer.

If you want to be more specific and just add it to certain areas you will need to edit this table into certain templates relevent to the area you want it to appear.

If you need a walkthrough I can throw up a quick tutorial for you.

Thanks for the offer, I think I saw a tutorial on the VB site to do this. Thanks anyway

Yea she re-did it this morning too, and It loks awsome dont ya think? I like it!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.