Nice forum. I am new here but have a quick question on the design of the forum/site.

The top and bottom have a thick bar of purple for navigation. I find this actually messes the pages flow up, almost confusing the eye to a start and stop. Why not introduce more purple to the forums to better keep a flow? The forum itself has no purple anywhere. It is all blue.

Hope this is the kind of feedback the staff here is looking for and this does not offend anyone. :)

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

Hi there. This is exactly the kind of feedback I like to hear :) The reason why this was purposely done was for ease of navigation, to associate the site's navigation with the color purple. Therefore, purple is only used in the top navigation bar, the bottom navigation bar, and the color when you hover over links with your mouse. It's a running theme through the site :) Similarly, the dark blue is associated with headings :)

ah. Makes a lot more sense now. ;)

Since I got you here, one more question; what is the blank upper right area for under the header?

this forum does have a running theme. Have you ever considered modifying it at all in the near future. Color is a beautiful thing. Thats why god gave us GUI's. Mix it up some time.

I'm always tweaking the design trying to improve usability, etc. So things definitely do get moved around, which I'm sure you've noticed if you've been here awhile. I don't really want to mess with the colors because they are vital to site branding and recognition :) Google wouldn't quite be google if they had a green background and grey font ;)

Not sure what blank area under the header you're referring to. We do have a banner advertisement at the top, which you won't see if you're behind a proxy or using an ad blocker. For some screenshots of how it's supposed to look check www.daniweb.com/mediakit/ and www.daniweb.com/mediakit/ratecard.php :)

Not sure what blank area under the header you're referring to. We do have a banner advertisement at the top, which you won't see if you're behind a proxy or using an ad blocker.[/url] :)

Yep thats the area. I am using Firefox and the top right ad is just a blank square. I have no proxy and no ad blocker besides the built in popup blocker in firefox. :?:

lol, firefox is good like that.!

Using Opera right now and it too shows blank for the ads at the top. I must admit the empty blankness is annoying me. Is there any way to have the ads show? I know, sounds like a dumb request.

Opera might have a built in ad-blocker or privacy thing. Also, you may not see the ad if you're using Norton Internet Security with ad blocking enabled, etc.

No there is nothing. I dont have Norton. Like I said, its both firefox and opera. I even have pop up blocking off.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.