I dont like it at all!!

Everything suiqued to the left,etc.........

Ah well.....

Looks bad at lower resolkutions though

Where has the welcome movie gone!!!!

Re: The dude . WTF browser are you using? IE6? get a browser that actually supports STANDARDS.

Yes IE6,alot of ppl still use IE6 and its stupid to cut off support for it!

I am not gonna say anymore.... (I dont want Dani to get upset with me)

Member Avatar for Rhyan

Hey, I was just looking where to say how am I glad you changed design of the site. Now it seems to me more clean and sophisticated. I really like the new looks. Loads faster than the old version, stretches good in various resolutions.
Fonts are really easy and nice to read, and the new navigation bar is really slick.

But, i stumbled upon several flaws, so I will mention here just trying to help.
First of all - stretching works ok for resolutions above 1024. There are still a lot of guys (maybe almost blind) that still use the 1024x768. So on this resolution you have some content from the center main content column overlapping the right column. Navigate to change avatar page and take a look by yourselves.

Second thing - the javascript code used for drop down navigation does not work at all with Google Chrome. Yes, I know chrome is still beta, etc..., but the performance this browser provides in terms of load on the system resources, browsing speed, etc, soon will make it a favorite to many people. In fact I use it almost all the time.

And last, but not least, you do not have a mobile device version. I am using my phone with xhtml capable browser a lot lately to see what's new on daniweb, and sometimes it seems hard to navigate whenever there are many posts in one thread.

Still, despite all of the above, I really love the new look and feel. Keep up the good work, and on my side, if I notice some flaw, be sure I will tell you about that.

Well done!

We should be glad he is not running IE5 or less

This wider layout adjustment will make long lines of code easier to read as they are less likely to be broken down in odd places. Dani need just fix some small bug as listed above and in no time people stop complaining about it

Well, I wont be happy until the post alignment is back to the middle.
But I guess I will have to live with that :icon_neutral:

Just drag your screen to the right :)

not bad ,got that newww look

Just drag your screen to the right

No can do :) I already use dual-display, meaning my main monitor is already on the left side of my desk,
making it even worse for me ^.^

Member Avatar for Rhyan

Good, then split the browser window on both, so it will be in the perfect center then :)

Joking...

This wider layout adjustment will make long lines of code easier to read as they are less likely to be broken down in odd places

Wider??

Its MUCH SMALLER peter!!

Everything is squiqued to the left side!! (This doesnt look wider to me @ all)

Anyone know how to AUTO LOGIN with your username??

For example

http://The%20Dude:<my password here>@www.daniweb.com/forums

I dont have the format right as it doesnt work,can someone please tell me how to do this??

OK, now we are off topic.

Does anyone has to say something in regards of the new layout? Beside all the obvious whining some members can restrain them self s.

for resolutions above 1024. There are still a lot of guys (maybe almost blind) that still use the 1024x768.

My laptop is only 2 years old and its max resolution is 1024x768

There remains a dead link to the original Techies Lounge that needs to be fixed.

its not there for me atm?

There remains a dead link to the original Techies Lounge that needs to be fixed.

You need to clear your cache.

Go into the Windows section first and you can access the link from there.
It's on the Hardware/Software Tab. I cannot access it from this section though. It seems to be a leftover.

You need to clear your cache.

That did it :D

[ignore]

Just a note, I merged the thread from the Windows forum into this thread, as they were discussing the same thing.

merge turned out well, usually when i merge something long it ends up making no sense at all

WaltP: Huh? Community tab? Not sure what you mean.

There used to be a tab that when directly to "Coffee Shop" or whatever. Now, thanks to

Community Center doesnt have a text title? for me all the other sections have text names in the bar, bur community center just has the pic of the guy from the welcome video? took me bloody ages to find it

I see you didn't remove it, you just hid it. Seems both of us had no idea what the head meant.

Why do the tabs (Soft-Dev, Web-Dev, etc) have to be so large? They'd look better sleeker, about half as high and maybe 1/3 shorter.

hid it? i just see the man and thats it

I can't find the most of the forums I'm looking for in the menu. I find my way using other means.

> Beside all the obvious whining some members can restrain them
> self s.

Oh come on, whining is the worst word you could have come up with. After all this is the Community Feedback Section, let everyone express their thoughts on how they feel about the new layout.

> Well, I wont be happy until the post alignment is back to the
> middle. But I guess I will have to live with that

You could work wonders with the layout if you know Javascript/CSS and are capable of messing around with Greasemonkey; on Firefox at least.

Another small point:
de dropdown menu's for forums work with onhover(), but the dropdown for Control-panel (which I can't get used to) works with onclick()
Perhaps choose one of two, to keep it consistent?

Member Avatar for Rhyan

It seems some people do not like changes. It is really good you changed the layout, now I really need to explore daniweb again, and I might say I have stumbled into places I've never been before...

There is a book about two mice and a cheese. The poor guys have lost their cheese and were whining and crying about it etc...so they thought they'll never find a cheese so good as the lost one, etc, etc...So mouse no 1 kept on crying and laying in the bed waiting for the inevitable end, and no 2 went on searching, so at the end no2 found a room full of cheese - not only 1 piece of cheese, but a whole room.
And they lived happily ever after....

So, guys, stop crying about the old stuff, take a look around, nothing is the same - this change is for good.

P.S. If I find the author of the cheese story about these mice I will tell you so you could read the book by yourselves - it is quite entertaining.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.