Fine for me

What are the new features or addons? And is there any existing features being removed?

How about update the first post to reflect the latest status of your site revamp? Not everyone will go through all these posts...

No new features. Changes include a new navigation menu and sidebar and fluid width. Plus a few small stylistic changes, such as a larger quick reply box. All of the changes that came as a result of this thread were unexpected bug fixes that just get things working the way they were meant to in the first place.

And the dude?

Everything seems fine now sweetheart,thank you :)

I hope i wasnt a bother thru all this.....

No new features. Changes include a new navigation menu and sidebar and fluid width. Plus a few small stylistic changes, such as a larger quick reply box. All of the changes that came as a result of this thread were unexpected bug fixes that just get things working the way they were meant to in the first place.

I see.... there used to be a link directory, is it removed now?

Has the link for http://www.daniweb.com/forums/search.php disappeared, or am I just not looking hard enough?

Maybe the 'site search' image at the top right corner of the screen is what you are looking for?

Okay, now its happening alot more often (at least 50% of the time).. and its beginning to get quite annoying. The last screenshot wasn't the best, so heres a better one. There's got to be a way you can fix this, isn't there some way for you to forse draw the menu's over the ads :) ?

Maybe the 'site search' image at the top right corner of the screen is what you are looking for?

Hm. Last few times I tried clicking that it didn't work. Oh well, it's working now.

I'm getting that too. The Flash player wants to be on top while the image is changing.

Solution: put the menu bar below the ad strip on the screen layout, instead of above it. Don't put any ad content within range of the menu dropdowns.

And get rid of the stupid face and use a title.

> put the menu bar below the ad strip on the screen layout, instead of above it.
That's the way it used to be ... and if memory serves, the menu was below the leaderboard ad for that very reason. Unfortunately, pressure from advertisers required the ad directly below the navigation menu instead of above it.

It is all very confusing isnt it Dani?

Ya try so hard to change things and have them look good and then all kinds of errors come out :icon_sad:

Okay, now its happening alot more often (at least 50% of the time).. and its beginning to get quite annoying. The last screenshot wasn't the best, so heres a better one. There's got to be a way you can fix this, isn't there some way for you to forse draw the menu's over the ads :) ?

My recommendation? Get an adblocker. Minimal effort to install and use, and with wildcards you can pretty well block all the ads on this site (and on a whole lot of others).

On Firefox, I recommend plain old Adblock (yea, there's Adblock Plus, but it's not quite the same...), on IE there's Ad Muncher, and Opera has a built-in adblocker.

Sometimes the best way to fix a problem is to take care of it yourself. :-)

Or better, donate / become a mod and then all the ads go away and you feel all nice and happy

Or better, donate / become a mod and then all the ads go away and you feel all nice and happy

So becoming a mod is just like donating now, one click away ;)

i dont think its just mods, i think staff writers (which we seem to have accumulated a lot of lately..) can disable banner ads too

So becoming a mod is just like donating now, one click away ;)

What James meant is you have have either be sponsor (donate) or be a moderator. Not to gain position of moderator by donating.

Just in case some clever person try to misinterpret the above

Uhm.. I don't really have any easy legal way of donating.. I'll just wait 3 years until im old enough :)
.. I would if I could :icon_wink:

You could air mail a cheque to daniweb, do a wire transfer or (possibly?) pay with paypal

>I don't really have any easy legal way of donating
I don't think ill be air mailing a cheque ;)

>pay with paypal
You have to be 18 to own a paypal account, I'm 15.

parents?

jb, have you ever considered a career in telesales?

XD

lol i used to be an electronics salesman

> lol i used to be an electronics salesman

Lol figures! Trying to get the poor lad to cough up by any means necessary!!

William if you really want the ads to go away, use one of the ad blocking software suggested earlier. And then when you're old enough, you can give however much you want to help run DW.

>parents?
Once again, an easy way :)

>William if you really want the ads to go away, use one of the ad blocking software suggested earlier.
>And then when you're old enough, you can give however much you want to help run DW.
I guess I will just do that. :-/

> put the menu bar below the ad strip on the screen layout, instead of above it.
That's the way it used to be ... and if memory serves, the menu was below the leaderboard ad for that very reason. Unfortunately, pressure from advertisers required the ad directly below the navigation menu instead of above it.

"Waaaah! Waaaah! We want our way, or else." They want to stop us from navigating away from the ad, by covering the navigation bar and menus, and by stopping us from scrolling.

Because they are that greedy, you should put the ads at the bottom of the page, so they can expand all they want without messing up the page.

Another suggestion: put the menus in the sidebar and the ads in the main part.

Because they are that greedy, you should put the ads at the bottom of the page

that would mean less money. Daniweb is a big operation so i assume it needs ever penny of ad revenue for bandwidth.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.