Under the Code Snippets, what is the difference between the vb section and the visualbasic section? Also, what is the difference between vbnet and visualbasicnet sections?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

The language is user-specified in the code snippet submission form. That means that users can specify abbreviations of the language, misspelling, etc., and they will all appear in separate categories. I suppose someone (me?) should rename them so the naming is consistent.

commented: Action Gets Things Done... Nice Job. +8

The idea is that I wanted to allow for code to be written in an infinite number of programming languages. I wonder if this format is more or less confusing.

I remember having that problem, I accidently set the snippet programming language to CPP instead of CPLUSPLUS which showed up in its own catagory. Seems to have been fixed now, but it would have been nice to be able to edit that at the time :-/

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.