I've been a member of Daniweb not so long ago. I am currently reading the book iWoz by Steve Wozniak. It is about his young life from 4 years old until his current age. It is very impressive to know how he learned a lot of things by simply learning electronics, taking parts of them and creating new devices. He have learned how it works by experimenting with it. Now, here is my request/question. Why isn't a section (on the forums) about electronics? There is a section about COMPUTER hardware but it is very detailed (it's only for computers) and limited. It would be an awesome idea to also have a forum section in relation with all kinds of electronic parts (i.e: resistors, bridges, fuses, etc). It would be an awesome idea to also share blueprints, comment them, help those in need and share the knowledge throughout the world. Thanks for your time,

-Dan

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

It would be a cool forum; I think it would be somewhat outside the scope of Daniweb. If you find such a forum that you like, please tell me about it in this thread.

Its been asked before, but the powers that be didnt think there was enough intrest

I think it would be a great idea, but there's isn't much expertise present on Daniweb on this subject. But on the other hand, you have to start somewhere, right?

> But on the other hand, you have to start somewhere, right?

Indeed; a dead forum sounds just right! :-)

New forums are created to respond to a demand ... the build it and they will come mentality unfortunately just doesn't work. We look for questions of this type within the Computer Science forum (under Software Dev) and under the Gadgets and Gizmos forum (under Hardware). If there's enough of a discussion going that it requires a forum of its own, it'll be split out.

It would be a cool forum; I think it would be somewhat outside the scope of Daniweb. If you find such a forum that you like, please tell me about it in this thread.

Out of the scope? What do you mean out of the scope? Is Daniweb also about hardware??

New forums are created to respond to a demand ... the build it and they will come mentality unfortunately just doesn't work.

I didnt understand this part, really.

We look for questions of this type within the Computer Science forum (under Software Dev) and under the Gadgets and Gizmos forum (under Hardware). If there's enough of a discussion going that it requires a forum of its own, it'll be split out.

The Gadget & Gizmos I looked at but it has nothing to do with computer chips, only other devices. I guess a subgenre in that forum would b a good idea to include computer chips...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.