Only green and red? What about blue? Or perhaps using valid RGB(?,?,?)

See http://www.tek-tips.com for some examples...

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

Are you referring to allowable colors? What's the point in having more? Why would it ever be necessary to have more? Note that you can do to automatically syntax highlight your code.[code=syntax] to automatically syntax highlight your code.

Are you referring to allowable colors? What's the point in having more? Why would it ever be necessary to have more? Note that you can do (code=syntax) to automatically syntax highlight your code.

code:

If this is True Then
End IF

code=vb:

If this is True Then
End IF

code=vb6:

If this is True Then
End IF

code=vb6.0:

If this is True Then
End IF

code=visual basic 6.0:

If this is True Then
End IF

As you can see the automatic code=syntax does not work correctly for vb as the words If Is True Then End If all should be in blue. Also is should be Is. Third, NOT all vb 6 or .Net code comes with line numbers as it is an option and for some it just clutters the display.

if( this is true) // comments here
   do_something();

if, this and true should also be blue.

I hate red or green on white, it's as blinding as yellow or white on white.....

commented: Red and green on white do hurt the eyes... +2

I THE MIGHTY NECROPOSTER COMMAND THIS OLD DEAD THREAD TO RISE!!!! Rise I Say! Rise to the top of this forum and become relevant again! Rise! Rise! RISE!!! I COMMAND YOU TO RISE!!!! :) :) :)

(Hey, since I am the OP I have a right to raise this old dead thread!!!) :) :) :)

Okay, new design and we still only have two colors, red and green! Yucky!!! :) Hey, we need at least blue and black to be added to the selection of colors to be able to overwrite the incorrect syntax coloring when we use the code tags.

I think with those four colors and the ability of those colors to override the incorrect syntax coloring it will be a compromise between present and a hex/rgb solution. That, and add spoiler tags so text is the background color for those off beat forums and I think everyone could be happy... :) :) :)

necroposter lol.

Member Avatar for diafol

How about white text as default?

No, that would be spoiler text...

>> Okay, new design and we still only have two colors, red and green! Yucky!!!

Only two?? I see all shades of grey (not a color by the way) and a lot of shades of purple. That at least makes 3 colors.

Talking about text markup colors...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.